Sign in to follow this  
sbonse

steering vibration any ideas

I get very bad steering vibration when you get to 80mph but only when you turn the steering wheel slightly to the left when you change lanes on the motorway etc.

any ideas is it a worn bush etc.

i had this on my old e36..was a botttom ball joint..but changing the whole arm is easier.

it may be wishbone bush though

bushes are a good place to start although if its only when steering id also consider having the bearings checked out.

ive got the same problem. Bearings are fine, and i had the wheels re-balanced. I was thinking my discs were warped, as it seems to get worse as the speed increases. I might well go for the lower arms now.

spoke to my mate who is a bmw technician and he thinks its the bushes that i need to replace but he said he will need to drive the car first as a double check. why

sticky caliper?

why could it be a sticky caliper if it only happens at 80mph when i turn the steering to the left. if it is the caliper which one would it be and how would i check it. it does not get worse when i go faster just happens at 80mph.

tbh I'd say your rear trail arm bushes are starting to go and need changing soon