TimW

CD stack not ejecting?!

Picked up a 330ci sport last night with the 16:9 satnav unit, it has a cassette behind the dash! (old school!!) And a 6stack in the boot. The button doesn't seem to eject it. The car has a DICE thing installed and that doesn't seem to work with my iPhone either. So atm i'm stuck with just the lame radio!

Does anyone have any idea's what I should do? Is there a certain way the CD stack ejects? Should I replace the DICE unit?

Picked up a 330ci sport last night with the 16:9 satnav unit, it has a cassette behind the dash! (old school!!) And a 6stack in the boot. The button doesn't seem to eject it. The car has a DICE thing installed and that doesn't seem to work with my iPhone either. So atm i'm stuck with just the lame radio!

Does anyone have any idea's what I should do? Is there a certain way the CD stack ejects? Should I replace the DICE unit?

I might be totally wrong(probably am) but check that the cover over the stack is fully moved to the right otherwise it can't pop out properly. Had this issue just after I got my car.

If you can't eject the mag from the CD player you may have to take it out and open it up. Its not hard if your careful. Once you've got the cover off it you might be able see what's causing the jam. It may just need a bit of lube on some of the moving parts (the BMW stack I had in my old coupe did) ir a bit of the magazone might have broken inside (my alpine changer sis this recently). First thing (as already mentioned) is to check its connected properly round the back, then if it makes any noice at all when the button is pressed (with the stereo set to CD in the car)