dan 330ci sport

Track Car Itch Needs To Be Scratched

cheers for the large response would be great if we could get like a forum track day going as well and get updates on how peoples track cars are going. I really want to get into this its just a case of me getting my dad to help persuade my mum to let me have a track car in the garage as she used to hate the kit car we had in there because the smell of petrol used to leek through etc. think its definately got to be a gti6 205 I go for they are seriously quick!

right after my mate took me out in his 205gti with a gti6 200bhp engine in it I have got to have one.........

going to insure it in my name so i can build up a years no claims so hopefully can go on my own name on my 330 next year or get an m3.

Just to pick up on this point- I think it'd be cheaper to try and build NCB on a 330 than a 205 with an engine swap. Insurance companies run a mile from anything with a different engine so they'll charge you loads for the privilege.

Personally I'd far rather buy a cheap MX5 or something than a front wheel drive hatch with a big engine. If all you're worried about is going fast then a hatch will be fine but something light and RWD will be more fun.

Also a relatively stock MX5 will be cheaper to run- pads, tyres ect will all last you for half a dozen or more track days.

Something like this red Eunos woudl get my money.

An E30 325 or 318is would be fun too though.

my mates got a red top nova. 150 bhp, 2 bucket seats n a roll cage = lots of fun lol n my other mate has a astra mk3 2.5 v6, now thats a quick car !

All front wheel drive though, a true track car should be rear wheel IMO!

cheers for the large response would be great if we could get like a forum track day going as well and get updates on how peoples track cars are going. I really want to get into this its just a case of me getting my dad to help persuade my mum to let me have a track car in the garage as she used to hate the kit car we had in there because the smell of petrol used to leek through etc. think its definately got to be a gti6 205 I go for they are seriously quick!

Im in exactly the same position mate, for some reason family mambers tend to get sick of dirty smally car parts clogging up their garages, lol.

Just to pick up on this point- I think it'd be cheaper to try and build NCB on a 330 than a 205 with an engine swap. Insurance companies run a mile from anything with a different engine so they'll charge you loads for the privilege.

Personally I'd far rather buy a cheap MX5 or something than a front wheel drive hatch with a big engine. If all you're worried about is going fast then a hatch will be fine but something light and RWD will be more fun.

Also a relatively stock MX5 will be cheaper to run- pads, tyres ect will all last you for half a dozen or more track days.

Something like this red Eunos woudl get my money.

An E30 325 or 318is would be fun too though.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate althou anything less than 2.5 i reckon you would quickly want more!