Keith

Boxed, Immaculate Pair Technics Mk2 1200s + Ortofons + Vestax Mixer

I have almost exactly the same setup bar the mixer, although i do have a Vetax i think its a PMC 11 or something along those lines.

Although i havent used it in years i just couldnt bring myself to ever sell it and the many vinyl i have, spent far too much of my youth spinning the wheels of steel.

Although i havent used it in years i just couldnt bring myself to ever sell it and the many vinyl i have, spent far too much of my youth spinning the wheels of steel.

I do use it, and still collect rare vinyl, so I'm gutted to see them go... But the force of the ///M is strong!

You may have noticed the bit in the Pistonheads ad; 'Reason for selling is first time buyer needs money and space'.

...I think that may raise less eyebrows than 'Need cash for ///M moneypit' :rolleyes:

Lol, just noticed yours are the 1200's what was the difference between these and the 1210's? It is the 1210's that i have.

If you miss them that much i may have a spare set of Citronic Direct Drives with Citronic Mixer up in the loft, if they havent been chucked and still work id happily let you borrow them indefinitely. They arent worth owt so i couldnt sell them....

Keith,

You might get a good response on another forum I use:

speakerplans.com

Check out the forum. If you dont want to register, let me know, and I will advertise them for you if you like.

Keith,

You might get a good response on another forum I use:

speakerplans.com

Check out the forum. If you dont want to register, let me know, and I will advertise them for you if you like.

Looks good Singh, although I'm not sure how they would feel about someone with 1 post advertising £550 quids worth of equipment...

If you would not mind, I'll take and post up some picture over the weekend, and then if you could advertise them on my behalf I'd be most grateful. I'd like to think you know I'm a genuine guy and not going to discredit your name!

Would you mind doing that for me?

Cheers buddy,

Keith

Looks good Singh, although I'm not sure how they would feel about someone with 1 post advertising £550 quids worth of equipment...

If you would not mind, I'll take and post up some picture over the weekend, and then if you could advertise them on my behalf I'd be most grateful. I'd like to think you know I'm a genuine guy and not going to discredit your name!

Would you mind doing that for me?

Cheers buddy,

Keith

No worries Keith (well nothing a drive in the ///M wont absolve!)

Let me know when you get the pics, and I will post up on Sunday/Monday for you.

Cheers mate, but I've never sold anything on eBay, and don't like the idea of giving 10% away tbh. I'm in no rush.

yeh i know what you mean....got s*** loads of bits to sell/clear out of my attic/garage myself but just cant be asked to get my a** into gear and put up on ebay.....ohwell good luck with the sale.

No worries Keith (well nothing a drive in the ///M wont absolve!)

Let me know when you get the pics, and I will post up on Sunday/Monday for you.

Will do Singh, on both counts B)

Top man, thank you buddy.

Will do Singh, on both counts B)

Top man, thank you buddy.

No problem man, thats what the zone is all about. Maybe we should change the slogan to "E46 Zone : its more than just a car thing"

I was actually over in Maidenhead this afternoon to pick up a camera lens. Too many cameras for my liking! :)

How did you get on witht his Keith?

Any pics that you want me to post on the other forum? Let me know.

Singh, I just got them out, hooked one up and played a few vinyl... After that I went on to Hard To Find Records and ordered some choice slabs of music... Not sure if I can go through with the sale now!!!

If I change my mind (again), which will no doubt happen when the January credit card bills come through :) . I'll let you know, if you would still be kind enough to advertise them on my behalf mate as and when.

Sorry to mess you about mate - just hard to let go; I cut my DJing teeth on these babies!

Keith

Singh, I just got them out, hooked one up and played a few vinyl... After that I went on to Hard To Find Records and ordered some choice slabs of music... Not sure if I can go through with the sale now!!!

If I change my mind (again), which will no doubt happen when the January credit card bills come through :) . I'll let you know, if you would still be kind enough to advertise them on my behalf mate as and when.

Sorry to mess you about mate - just hard to let go; I cut my DJing teeth on these babies!

Keith

No worries Keith! I totally understand, letting go of things like this can be hard! Let me know how you get on.

Where is HTFR in Maidenhead?

HTFR is in Brum i think....

Keith what beats you rockin? genre?? Ive got a set of Numarks, nothing special just something to play on....im a grime and Uk garage head myself....although a bit of Jungle and DnB goes far in my book...

No worries Keith! I totally understand, letting go of things like this can be hard! Let me know how you get on.

Where is HTFR in Maidenhead?

Mail order mate :)

Keith what beats you rockin? genre?? Ive got a set of Numarks, nothing special just something to play on....im a grime and Uk garage head myself....although a bit of Jungle and DnB goes far in my book...

Erm... Difficult to explain. A couple 'Drum and Bass' and one minimal tech tune... But let me make it absolutely clear that I do not like modern drum and bass - nowadays its kids music. It used to be so fresh and exciting. Generally 1995 up to 1999 was the golden era.

The 3 vinyl I just ordered were;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W4SYyVaPQg

Timeless, minimal jungle. Love the way the layers build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Je04KlN20

Check the second bassline after 3:45! That's proper Jungle Drum and Bass right there!

And this for my tech side (no idea what the video is about though)!

Proper danceable

You might like, you might not :lol:

Thats what I thought, I used to go to the brum store and didnt know they had others.

Mail order makes all the sense now! doh!

Mail order mate :lol:

Erm... Difficult to explain. A couple 'Drum and Bass' and one minimal tech tune... But let me make it absolutely clear that I do not like modern drum and bass - nowadays its kids music. It used to be so fresh and exciting. Generally 1995 up to 1999 was the golden era.

How about this from pre 95.....used to love these tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzlmel7itG0

Also loved many pure dubplate sounds. Still do - cant beat the bass line.

iv had a set of 1200's mk2 for 16years and there still goin strong dont use them much any more went digital in 2003 with pioneer 1000s!

read this today

Technics: Dead or Alive?

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 by Khy.

style=

Word spread like wild fire about rumours that Panasonic (the parent company of Technics) were to end production of the Technics 1200/1210 range of turntables. Known as an industry standard over the last few decades, this shocked the DJ community and they took to the forums and social networking sites to vent their outrage at Panasonic’s decision. Distributors in New Zealand and Russia also claimed that the 1200/1210s were being discontinued and the world’s DJ community shed a tear and poured out a glass for one of the most important brands in the world of DJing.

Then, to everyone's surprise word from Panasonic Australia claimed that they had been misinformed and that the Technics brand will continue for the foreseeable future. Distributors in the UK and Germany also denied rumours that Technics was coming to an end, solidifying that the Technics brand will continue to live on. We can’t release that sigh of relief just yet though, as there is still no official word from the Panasonic HQ on the life of the brand. In the meantime, we can only trust the word of Panasonic Australia and hope that Technics’ foreseeable future is a long one.

Lol, just noticed yours are the 1200's what was the difference between these and the 1210's? It is the 1210's that i have.

If you miss them that much i may have a spare set of Citronic Direct Drives with Citronic Mixer up in the loft, if they havent been chucked and still work id happily let you borrow them indefinitely. They arent worth owt so i couldnt sell them....

Not much difference to be honest Simon mate

1200's are silver, 1210's are black

1200's pitch setting and platter motor slightly not as good as the 1210's but honestly not much difference. About as much difference from a Pioneer cdj800mk2 to a cdj1000mk3....one is silver and cheaper with a slightly less responsive platter, the other is black and just as expensive lol

I currently own two 1210 mk5G's, lovely bits of kit that have double pitch lines. joined by a Begringer DDM4000....cheaper alternative to the Pioneer DJM600....any pennies I can save for not much difference and I'm game :)

By the way you shouldn't sell them mate. Will be worth so much more in a few years, I also have two pairs of mint mk2 1210's packed away which I don't plan to sell....especially after the other pair I sold this time last xmas to a mate at a BLOODY cheap price only for him to leave them at a house party and one got competely wrecked :)

I'm definitely after a pair of 800 cdj's if U or anyone know has any for sale!! But mk2's are always worth keeping mate, especially seeing as Technics are dis-continuing their range