simonlpearce

Hmmmm Brakes Or Suspension???

What do we all think, get the brakes done first or get the suspension changed.

Options are....

Upgrade brakes from E34 525 to E34 M5, i have had a quote for £400 including pads/discs although have been told £200ish is a more reasonable price to pay.

Upgrade from stock/OEM sport suspension to racedynamics coilover suspension.....

Im swaying more towards suspension as this is one area that the 5er is seriously lacking on, and the discs and pads it has are pretty much brand new....

Decisions decisions.

Yeah, i'd go suspension first too mate.

Like suhail97 said, you won't need to brake as much anyway.

£400 does sound a lot, is that front and rear?

That was front and rear incl good set of discs and pads and all carriers.

Suspension doesn't slow you down before you hit the tyre wall!

Im hoping that will never happen, but i guess we shall see.....the standard brakes arent toooo bad and i will have some spare cash hopefully soon to upgrade the brakes anyway.

Suspension first Simon, its old and tired already..........

Something like EBC Red Stuff will do you fine to start with, you can get the brakes upgrade later, 540i discs and calipers are also a common "good" conversion.

Suspension first Simon, its old and tired already..........

Something like EBC Red Stuff will do you fine to start with, you can get the brakes upgrade later, 540i discs and calipers are also a common "good" conversion.

Agreed on that!

You should see her now mate she is looking empty and a lot less heavy and the interior is now in the hands of a polish guy called Chris. It took a whole 2 days for it to sell for pretty much the asking price minus a few quid for a cash deal.

Already got some powerflex on their way for the front end, once these are fitted i will move onto the rear end.