simonlpearce

Playstation 3 Ylod

sorry only just joined and stumbled upon this topic!! the price seems a bit crazy due to me buying ps3 with ylod on fleebay for around £40 and if u need help in fixing it let me know or i can do it for u ?? i have 2 ps3s one that i brought with the ylod problem and after 8 months of use is still going strong and the other was new.... It will only take around an hour to fix and is well worth doing...

sorry only just joined and stumbled upon this topic!! the price seems a bit crazy due to me buying ps3 with ylod on fleebay for around £40 and if u need help in fixing it let me know or i can do it for u ?? i have 2 ps3s one that i brought with the ylod problem and after 8 months of use is still going strong and the other was new.... It will only take around an hour to fix and is well worth doing...

Thats very nice of you mate :P im sure zimmer will be keeping you close by lol ( personal joke ) but im sure ppl will bite your arm off, when there ps3 dies

This is mega old, but I'll add my 2p anyway:

As above, they are really easy to fix and takes about an hour.

I've done it on 5 or 6 different consoles, the problem is though that it only lasts a matter of months maximum. I don't personally know anyone who had the YLOD fix (done professionally) and had it last more than 3 months (with regular use)

At first my mates were paying £80 a time to get the YLOD fix done professionally, then I started fixing them for free (about 10 of my mates have ps3s) but most have now replaced them totally with the Slim ones.

If you are thinking of buying a YLOD ps3 off eBay (or anywhere come to think of it) to DIY fix and have some cheap gaming, be prepared to cross your fingers and hope every time you turn it on.

Edit - also each time your PS3 gets the YLOD, there is no way to remove the disc from inside without taking the whole unit and bluray drive to bits. Most of the ones on ebay say something like 'comes with a free copy of COD that is stuck in the drive'

This is mega old, but I'll add my 2p anyway:

As above, they are really easy to fix and takes about an hour.

I've done it on 5 or 6 different consoles, the problem is though that it only lasts a matter of months maximum. I don't personally know anyone who had the YLOD fix (done professionally) and had it last more than 3 months (with regular use)

At first my mates were paying £80 a time to get the YLOD fix done professionally, then I started fixing them for free (about 10 of my mates have ps3s) but most have now replaced them totally with the Slim ones.

If you are thinking of buying a YLOD ps3 off eBay (or anywhere come to think of it) to DIY fix and have some cheap gaming, be prepared to cross your fingers and hope every time you turn it on.

Edit - also each time your PS3 gets the YLOD, there is no way to remove the disc from inside without taking the whole unit and bluray drive to bits. Most of the ones on ebay say something like 'comes with a free copy of COD that is stuck in the drive'

Wow I did my first 1 a year back and it was a good friend of mine's ps3 and his is still going strong and ive still got one that i did around 8 months ago! my nephew hammers it to hell and back and never switches the thing off when we pop out (he doesnt wanna loose his game) lol. I think as long as the ventilation is good at the site where it is situated after the ylod fix then it should be fine. I guess it all depends on how the individual tries to fix it too as there is about 3 methods of fixing it that i know of?? But ill still help sum1 out on here if needs be with it! but yeah avoid ebay as most of the ppl on there have had a go themselves with the quick fix kit that is available!!! the game can also be retrieved by removing the drive and using a caddy to connect to pc to eject!!!