Singh

Toshiba 28" Crt Tv With Subwoofer, Stand, Rear Speakers

lol looks like you're just after someone who will come and take it away!

If it doesnt sell you can put it on gumtree freebies, or just put something really cheap like a tenner. Someone always needs a telly, we got one of these jumbos for my nephews to play Xbox on, not bad if you can accommodate the big back :o

shame weve moved onto lcd i had the 34" version of that tv and paid almost 2grand for it 15 yrs ago....it only just packed in last year as the screen started going green. Even though lcd have a higher resolution i still recon crt have a better "looking" picture imo.

Cheers guys. Its a great TV, just dont have the space for it now, and demand for CRTs is down given the cheap price of LCDs. I started the auction off at 99p as am really willing to let it go, for whatever I can get for it. lol.

are you going to take the 10p off him? If you're lucky he might round it up to £6!

So the questions are:

Are people so skint they'll only pay a fiver for a tv package? or Is this all CRT tvs are worth now?

To be honest, I think there are a number of reasons for low selling prices for CRTs:

1 - Space: people want TVs to use up less space, and with the take off of LCD and Plasma, people dont really look at CRTs.

2 - Old tech: CRT is seen as old tech, and if you look at the prices of cheaper brand LCDs, it has hammered used CRT values.

3 - Design: you dont want a plush pad, with modern desing ideas with a bulky CRT mounted on the wall!