Managed to get a full system of eBay including:
- Full HK wiring loom
- HK wiring looms for all 4 doors
- Front heated door surrounds with HK tweeter covers
- HK tweeters
- Front black leather door cards with leather arm rests, HK mid and sub speakers
- Rear black leather door cards with learher arm rests and HK mid speakers
- Rear parcel shelf HK speakers with HK grills (will be selling the grills off)
- 2 x HK subs (6x9's) with amp
- HK main amp and mounting brackets
Purchased a Connects2 IPod connector of eBay (new and for half the price, bargain )
The only part I am missing is the HK spatialiser button (and how this is wired into the system as there is no connection on the loom )
Got started on this installation yesterday and ran out of time as BigRich78 visited (he has some lovely pics of the touring exposing parts that she shouldn't ). Drove to work today with no door card or seats (apart from the drivers), must admit she did move a bit quicker!!
So far I have removed rear trim, door cards, seats, door runner covers, some carpet, stereo, dash trim, heater matrix, ashtray, sunglass holder, centre console and some other parts. Started to remove the orginal stereo wiring loom.
Just hope I can remember where it all goes back
- Run HK wiring loom
- Run new door wiring looms from doors to body
- Fit HK front door surrounds
- Attach new speakers to all doors and refit with new door cards
- Fit 'loon rear parcel shelf speakers into boot speaker locations (normally this is where the HK 6x9's would go)
- Temporarily fit HK 6x9's onto boot floor (Next phase is to purchase a HK convertible sub 8" and install into rear multi-CD trim cover)
- Run Connects2 Ipod wiring from stereo location to armrest compartment for Ipod
- Install OEM CD player
- Refit all trim, carpet, seats, console etc.
Also does anybody know how to retrofit the HK spatialiser button into the loom?? As I will be requiring the 18mm button which is separate from other buttons (not in a console bar with other buttons DSC etc, which is the 16mm version).
Will post some pics when I get a chance.