Sam

E36 Zone - Yes An Other Project!

I've been working on my next project; E36Zone.com. I have tried to launch E90Zone, but I think they are just out of reach for the enthusiasts, and are still lease cars etc. I've put that one on the back burner for now.

I figure, after reading my first BMW Performance mag on subscription, that there are alot of amazing E36's out there. So why not try and give them what we have here at E46Zone.

The forum is running newer software than this site, I do plan to upgrade this site once I've got to grips with it on E36Zone. It is also by no means finished, much like this place when it was launched. You need some feedback from users, to shape it to be 'their forum' not just 'a forum'.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I'd like to try and get it off the ground. When I launched E46Zone, it grew purely by mentioning it on other forums, we got a huge number of people checking it out and signing up. This then allowed us to go to shows and, as they say, the rest is history!

Anyway, on a slow Friday, why not take a look.

E36Zone.com

Will pass onto other E36 owners... should have used VBulletin though lol

looks good. I'll have to buy myself a e36 aswell now lol.

E36 from track days, E46 for the commute ;)

Will pass onto other E36 owners... should have used VBulletin though lol

VBulletin is poor at best!

I had this licence already, made sense to reuse and not spend more!

Looks good Sam, I'm sure this one will take off. I think E90 was probably a couple of years early. ;)

Pfft, I like VB.

Probs because every forum I am on use it and I am used to it, both have their positives.

Will sign up anyway, and E90 when you get that running, my Dad's got an E91, but as you said its a lease car too.

I think it's a great idea, i'm suprised you never did it before tbh.

E36's are at their most popular, with prices being down they appeal to everyone. I'll sign up and wh*re my old 318is B);)

I tried to register on e90zone for when I, at some point, get myself an e90 but was sad to see that registration was closed :-(.

Sorry to say but I can't see it becoming a hit - all the e36 enthusiasts already use e36coupe.com, which is long established and chock full of all the information you'd ever need. I can't see the proposition being different enough to draw on the same pool of enthusiasts.

Sorry to say but I can't see it becoming a hit - all the e36 enthusiasts already use e36coupe.com, which is long established and chock full of all the information you'd ever need. I can't see the proposition being different enough to draw on the same pool of enthusiasts.

I'm aware of the site. Although it seems a more general BMW site now (the url changes to bmwowner.com when you hit e36coupe.com) I understand there is a big E36 following for it.

It's just something to keep me busy in evenings etc. Saves me sitting on a wall drinking cider and shouting at people

I think E90 was probably a couple of years early.

True...

I think that it will be as good as we have here, people swap and change forums all the time.....good work sam. Any news on those flyers bud, i did PM my address over ages ago! Maybe you thought i was taking the mickey when i said i wanted them!

Get em posted! ;)

E36 from track days, E46 for the commute ;)

My set up exactly!

Hmm, can i pass off my E34 as an E36....

Don't give him more ideas.... next it'll be E34zone too. B)

Have signed up, just awaiting my conformation.

I'm aware of the site. Although it seems a more general BMW site now (the url changes to bmwowner.com when you hit e36coupe.com) I understand there is a big E36 following for it.

It's just something to keep me busy in evenings etc. Saves me sitting on a wall drinking cider and shouting at people

Fair enough. Sorry if my post sounded negative - it was not meant to be, more just a concern that it might have trouble luring some of their members across without any content (as yet).

Of course people new to the E36 scene may find and love the idea of new forum they can make 'their own', and I hope it succeeds mate. I just think you are direct competition with a site that has wealth of content and some incredibly knowledgeable members and moderators. Although you are right; it does now embraces all models, buts it's still 80% E36 stuff.

Fair enough. Sorry if my post sounded negative - it was not meant to be, more just a concern that it might have trouble luring some of their members across without any content (as yet).

Of course people new to the E36 scene may find and love the idea of new forum they can make 'their own', and I hope it succeeds mate. I just think you are direct competition with a site that has wealth of content and some incredibly knowledgeable members and moderators. Although you are right; it does now embraces all models, buts it's still 80% E36 stuff.

No worries. I was very lucy with my timing for this site, the only other site for E46's was E46fanatics, but mainly American based. I probably wont have as much luck here, but it keeps me busy.

Just tried going on it and it doesn't work lol.

Maybe something your end? Works fine here, other people are on it too

No worries. I was very lucy with my timing for this site, the only other site for E46's was E46fanatics, but mainly American based.

I think you were! Perfect timing and a unique proposition - a UK based E46 forum just as they were becoming cheap enough to fall into the hands of the enthusiast. Hats off mate; it's become a very successful site, with a good community and 'vibe' about it.

Sam just outta interest did you get the idea for the name E46 Zone from "E30 Zone"?

Yep.

i think this is a great site for the E46 enthusiast, but as Keith says there is already a VERY popular UK site for E36 owners.

i honestly dont see the point.

I think its a good idea to expand to the e36, ok so maybe not many will go to start off with, yet I know if I did get an e36 (its possible I may buy a touring to use as a works van) I would use it so have signed up to support B) they say nothing ventured nothing gained so why not I say, as you say Sam stops you sittin on that wall with your cider :lol:

I'm afraid I have to agree with Keith on this. Going up against E36coupe/BMWowner.com is going to be tough. There are a lot of VERY loyal members (myself included) and the knowledge is second to non.

Fair enough, the site has broadened it's horizons a little to encompass other models, but this was done mainly to cater for the die hard members who had moved on from the E36 but still loitered around the place making it look untidy.

That said, I have seen this very forum grow from the very early days into a flourishing site that I'm proud to be part of.

My only concern is that with the relative low prices of the E36, they are now within the price range of the 'Saxo brigade' so the site may attract a lot of out and out fcukwits whose soul purpose will be to make your life a misery.

I do wish E36Zone all the success it deserves.