Rik178m

heres my choices and i need some advice please

Need new tyres all round pronto so here goes!

330Ci

Fronts 225/40/18

- conti sport contact 3, £125ea

-brigestone re050a £127ea

-pirelli p zero nero £127ea

or budget falken fk-452 £80ea

Rears 255/35/18

-same budget falkens £115ea

-toyo proxies T1-r £160ea

-bridgestone re050a £170ea

Price includes all the fitting and stuff but I dont know which to choose. I do alot of motorway miles but i do push the car on twisties. I know you get what you pay for but things are tight as always!

Thanks for the advice lads n ladies

I'd go with the Pirellis on the front and Toyo on the back... or some Goodyears if you can find them. Just personal preferences I suppose. Have always found Pirelli to make good tyres - those chaps seem to know what they are doing! Had some Yokos once on a previous car and they lasted about 5 minutes - too racy - good tires but they just wore out so quickly. Great for a track though I suppose.

Swings and roundabouts! Sods law is whatever you choose, a week later the alternative choice will drop £30 in some offer!

Need new tyres all round pronto so here goes!

330Ci

Fronts 225/40/18

- conti sport contact 3, £125ea

-brigestone re050a £127ea

-pirelli p zero nero £127ea

or budget falken fk-452 £80ea

Rears 255/35/18

-same budget falkens £115ea

-toyo proxies T1-r £160ea

-bridgestone re050a £170ea

Price includes all the fitting and stuff but I dont know which to choose. I do alot of motorway miles but i do push the car on twisties. I know you get what you pay for but things are tight as always!

Thanks for the advice lads n ladies

Mate if you're on a budget you can't go wrong with FK-452's. They are a massive improvement over the older falken tyres and i know lots of people driving 330's CLK55's and ///M's that swear by them.

Got them on the front of mine at the min and think dicky has got them all round on his.

Thanks for the quick replies. Getting the falkens certainly knocks the price down but if they wear alot quicker I would be buying more. Marty anyone you know noticed alot of wear?

Not had mine on long enough to tell and TBH, most of the guys i know with them wouldn't batter an eyelid at spanking a whole set of tyres in a weekend at the ring. lol.

dicky's probably the man to talk to. Think he bought them when he got his Jade R's which must be coming up on a year or so now i would have thought.

When I had the same size tyres as you I had Michelin Pilot Sports 2's all road and they were an awesome tyre :P

As Marty said when I changed to my 19's I went for the Falken FK452 all round as they had a little more give in the side wall which is what I needed to get them to stretch over the 10" rears.

I have to say that the 452's are an excellent tyre I have had the on for quite a while and done loads of miles on them, the fornts have worn nicely and still have loads of tread on them, the rears are also good a little less tread than the rears but then I do have a heavy right foot and rarely have the DSC on which makes for lots of rear end fun :P To be fair I did the same with the Pilot Sports to :P

I wasn't sure if these would be anywhere near as good as my previous tyres but they did what I needed them to which was to stretch, and I had read very good reviews. I have to say these tyres are brilliant they have loads of grip and you always know what the car is going to do and if you are pushing it hard they will make sure they let you know that if you keep trying that hard they will let go, rather than it just come as a shock.

I personally always run the same make and model of tyres all round including depths on each axle :P They are the only 4 points of contact with the road so I like them to be spot on :)

If money is no object then I say the Pilot Sports, but I think that the new Falken FK 452's will perfom as well as any of those tyres you have listed and they might wear out a little quicker than some of the others but they are alot cheaper, and this means softer compound which means more grip :P

And the last option is michelin pilot sport 2's

Christ mate. PS22's are not a tyre you want to be looking at if you are on a budget! I have them on the rear axle of mine and i am well impressed with the grip in the wet. Much better than my Dunlop SP9000's and they were pretty good to be fair.

Cheers dicky think I'm about decided on the falkens after reading that.

Marty, someone just around the corner is selling these quite cheap. £105each for the fronts

Yeah that is quite cheap but if you're replacing all four then i would echo dicky's comments and go for the same manufacturer all round. Only reason i have odd axles at the moment is cos i got them included with the wheels. Soon as they wear out i will be be going for PS2's if i can afford it or Falkens if not. (that'll be Falkens then) :P

The bloke sounds abit dodgy n he cant fit them so it's deffo falkens I've made my mind up haha. Shame Ive got brakes and tax to do at the same time!

Where abouts you from mate?

Have a good contact for Falkens.

Mate if you're on a budget you can't go wrong with FK-452's. They are a massive improvement over the older falken tyres and i know lots of people driving 330's CLK55's and ///M's that swear by them.

Got them on the front of mine at the min and think dicky has got them all round on his.

What he said ^^^^^^^

Nottingham just off the M1 J25

Oh rite, probably a bit far for you i would have thought he is in reading. Might be worth trying to get a price though, you can always get them sent up to you. I got a full set of staggered 19's for under £400.

Let me know if you want a number.

sorry for the late reply..just to throw another tyre into the pot, you could try these babies from tyremen.

Ultrac sessanta

http://www.vredestein.com/Banden_Bandgroep...sionID=57634699

225/40r18's £90 per tyre

255/35r18's £115 per tyre

4 tyres delivery is £20 (nextday)

just got mine done here's a tyre pre fitted

Tyrelabel.jpgTyretread.jpg

Just need to sort the rims now

Yeh they look sweet! When will you have them on the car? Did you here good things about them?

I've heard pretty good reports, Had the previous Vredestein Ultrac's on my E36 and they were great. Priced them up in April when i was looking for a set but they were coming in way more than the falkens for the sizes i needed.