Raf555

Best Budget Brand Tyres

Hi

I need 2 x 235/35/19 and 2 x 265/30/19 and am looking at the budget range tyres.

Which ones are the best and value for money,

Some brands i come across include Sunny, Federal, Fullrun, Kendal, Nankang, accellera, wanli, primewell, etc!

I know most will say Falkens but they're about a £100 each i think... outta my budget!!

also where is the best place to get them the cheapest?

thanks

None of those brands are any good.

Budget brands suck, because they are budget brands. Therefore they have little investment into research and development. They are designed for the USA Costco Walmart type market, where roads are long, straight and smooth and tyres are expected to last 50k miles and more.

At the end of the day if your budget won't stretch to decent tyres for your car, you can't afford to run a BMW.

At the end of the day if your budget won't stretch to decent tyres for your car, you can't afford to run a BMW.

He does have a good point there , 4 x 452's will cost about £400 . 4 of those listed above are gonna cost more than half of £400 , so you wouldnt be saving much .

Most of us including Myself pay over £300 just for a pair of rears !

Tyres it could be argued are the most important parft of the car, as they are only part of the car that makes contact with the road.

You should be getting the best tyres you can afford.

If money is an issue, I would say you may be better off going the part worn route and getting better quality tyres, rather than buying cheap crappy new ones.

If money is an issue, I would say you may be better off going the part worn route and getting better quality tyres, rather than buying cheap crappy new ones.

Good point there Dude .. Deffo better to have better part worns than rubbish new ones . If you do go down that route , have a look on eBay . Quite a few dealers on there selling part worns , with good feedback too . B)

Or ... these are Budgets , 2 tyres for £160 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/235-35-19-91Y-X-LOAD...=item2eaaf2b44e

And another option 4 X Brand new Falkens http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/235-35-19-FALKEN-FK4...=item5d281da7ca

Loads of part worns .... Just type in " 235/35/19 "

yeah, its abit of a pain, but thankfully, the rears and fronts wear differently i find... so spreads the cost abit B) but defo avoid budget...

i wouldnt even go budget on knackered 306, let alone a bmw....

+1.

Alternatively, sell the 19's, get some smaller wheels and then put decent tyres on. If you put s*** tyres on, end up in a ditch with a few broken bones and a very broken car it'll hurt you and your wallet a lot more! Safety is absolutely paramount as far as I'm concerned.

If you absolutely refuse to downsize then get part worns from a garage or keep your eyes peeled on eBay. Look hard enough and you'll find some great deals on new or nearly new tyres.

Depend on what you do with your car and what you expect from your tyres.

I had 4 x cheapies put on as my car is solely for taking kids to school and usually under 30mph driving. If you expect to do any hard driving / racing at the lights I'd get the best you could afford.

I've just put a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's (245-40-17) on the rear of mine and at £320 they are definately not budget. However, in the process of searching for best deals, I found that Blackcircles.com were very good. They also gave good advice on other less costly brands but generally you get what you pay for with tyres.

At the centre I had them fitted, the guy reccommended that next time I consider Avon ZZ3's as he had a set on a TT which did really well. Losing the back end on a corner in the wet is not good or clever so save some cash mate and go for better tyres.

tyres are very expensive but as said above they are the only bit keeping over a tons worth of car stuck to the floor iv had budgets before that came on a set of after market wheels and they really are dangerous they always seemed so unpredictable

i cant afford to spend like 600 quid on a set of tyres in one go i bought some falkens a few months ago for the front and are about due some rears i payed 150 for the fronts and the rears look to be about 200

avons are a very good tyre , ive used them for years on many cars , only prob at the mo is they are in short supply so my m8 at the tyre center put me onto hankook , same price , same performance and audi fit them as from factory too , cost me £220 for 2 rears , 255/35/18

you bunch of tarts.

nout wrong with nankangs - run them for years - grip well in all conditions, just don't drive like a d*** in the wet and there fine. cheap and stretch well to. Nankang NS-2's rock.

if not those then try falken 912's or kumho ku31's.

Got to say ive had a few sets of Nankangs and found them pretty good.

Not many tyres are superb in the wet and like said above, if you drive quickly then maybe you would want a higher premium brand, for me personally i do 70/75 on the motorway and stick to speed limits so a mid range brand/budget brand have served me well

nout wrong with nankangs - run them for years - grip well in all conditions, just don't drive like a d*** in the wet and there fine.

Got to say ive had a few sets of Nankangs and found them pretty good.

X 2 ... I had a set on my ST200 , they were brill in the dry & not bad i the wet B)

thanks for all comments.... some food for thought!

i think i may have dig around for some top brand part worns if not then probs either avon, falken or nankang!

i think nankang maybe moslt likely as i had pair on my rears for 18" mv2 wider rears and must say had no issues what so ever with them

plus nankang are the cheapest out of the three i think too!!

Decent part worns ftw. Might be worth the drive from south yorkshire to here

http://www.topgeartyres.co.uk/

Ive probably said this before on here but £200 gets you a set of 4 matching tyres with 90% tread in any size. They have most brands in like michelin, bridgestone, continental etc.

Price includes fitting and balancing, 4 wheel laser alignment is £20 extra

HTH

If you can't afford quality tyres, then you can't afford 19" rims IMO. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but those tyres are the only thing keeping your car on the black-stuff. If there's no urgency on getting the wheels fitted then look at buying a couple every couple of months to spread the cost a bit. I used to run FK452s on my old 200sx with 300bhp and they did a fine job, even on wet track days.

I went for GY Asymetrics on my BMW, purely as I fancies giving them a go.. I only have 18" rims though, so they came in at £143 each for the rear and about £120 ish for the front.

Rich

good to see others have run anakangs with success as well then.

i have t5o say the early as-1's were crap - even in the dry.

but the ns-2's are a very good tyre.

'premium brands' can be overrated - i've got pirelli p zero rosso nero things on rear and there cack in dry and wet but cost £180 a corner or something!!!

Although i mainly run Bridgestone Potenza's or Falken's from time to time. The ones i am running on the rears are budgets, as i had no choice as the Falkens would not fit on! They are Kenda Kaisers, and a very good budget tyre. Cost £75 per tyre, but as said for £400 you can have 4 falkens. Excellent in wet and dry, well the potenza's go before these in the wet!!!

I was worried as hell, and wanted them off asap, as i needed a tyre on at the time. But now i would use them again for sure. HTH

My suggestion would be kuhmo ku31's, very good tyre for the money!

I used to run them on my e36, now conti's on the M3, before the conti's i had michelin pilot sports, there isnt much difference tbh.

I got stung last weekend for a rear bridgestone potenza £178 (255/35/18) and that was that cheapest I could find locally.

Toyo are a good brand which are about average price, ran Goodyear Eagle F1's on my last car, hated them! tramlined everywhere

But as other have said, dont put cheap tyres on, its only part which keeps you on the road.