DJ Jonny B

Induction kit

Im thinking of buying a Pipercross induction kit and as i have never fitted one before a thought i would ask a few questions.

Is it a case of unbolting the existing system and fitting the new one or would i have to do a lot more.

Do i have to tell my insurance company?

Is it going to effect my MPG?

Can i put the original back in once done?

Will it sound different? (which is knda why i want it)

any help will be great, cheers

You spoken to Bry.F yet on this site??

He gets hold/makes the best filters around for the E46.........might be worth

your while Pm'ing him for some info on it!

Normally its a case of stripping everything out to the maf, as SJ says tho there are better kits than just a piper X induction kit. You have to remember your going to need to heatshield the filter and have some sort of forced induction to see any benifit at all.

With an air filter your always going to see fuel used as your always going to put your foot down more! lol

You should tell your insurance, but i wouldnt bother, you can put everything back at a later date if you dont like it to.

Normally its a case of stripping everything out to the maf, as SJ says tho there are better kits than just a piper X induction kit. You have to remember your going to need to heatshield the filter and have some sort of forced induction to see any benifit at all.

With an air filter your always going to see fuel used as your always going to put your foot down more! lol

You should tell your insurance, but i wouldnt bother, you can put everything back at a later date if you dont like it to.

Like This

Kit Contents

wheels021.jpg

Our Heatshield

SSA50186.jpg

325CI kit front view

SSA50187.jpg

325CI side view

SSA50192.jpg

We use aircraft grade aluminium which is cut out by water jet to achieve the best finish.

It is then folded and powdercoated before we cover the inside surface with heat resistant foam.

We have just increased our price recently because of rising material costs so they are now

available to forum members for £170 inc p&p.

Ok done a bit more research. Two things have come up. Oil coverd filters not good for maf sensor. Also only video i have found shows filters just picking up air from engine compartment. It would appear that you need cold dense air to get any improvement in performance. To do this you need to heat shield each filter. Is there room for this and is there a problem with sensor. It would piss me off to have a constant warning light. Help required from someone who knows about these things.

Regards Steve

Well done all the american sites and it would seem i am waisting my time. No one seems to be running 335i with air induction that can be proved to give any better results than standard. Think I will just try to get a better stock filter. Any ideas on this anyone?

On a 320d there isn't that much point to be honest. The original filter is very free flowing and the air gets heated up by the turbo anyway which then gets cooled down by the inter cooler. 

You would be much better off putting the money towards a decent remap, you'll get far more bang for your buck!

Better off with an induction kit with a petrol, it will make more difference.