Jonny

Butterfly valve exhaust mod

310 posts in this topic

CarKi   

Trust me a searched but the search engine on here is very flawed and brings up such things as "1200 miles break in service" when searching "exhaust vlave mod". So no wonder people go off the idea. Thanks for the copy and paste though. It makes sense. So basically in the lower gears the valves stay fully open regardless of revs so unless on a motorway or bypass you would never really hear the difference.

Mines stuck open at the moment and so I'll try some penetrating fluid. The drone gets on my nerves after a while! (aged 45 from Harrogate) ;)

shabir   

tried this the other day, tbh i dont think i hear any different on my vert, the flap is not seized and not sure if its ever worked as it should. However dont know if its a placebo effect, but i think it feels a tad more responsive on lower revs.

RACK   

Mine was stuck shut, took a goot 15mins of hammering with a long screw driver to sort it. The bent flap is now on my work desk

I know this is an old post. But I'm going to give it a try.

I was looking at the idea of fitting a M3 dual twin to my 330ci but I'm

told its almost impossible without completely changing the rear bumper assembly. 

Anybody gone down the M3 exhaust route on your 330ci ?.

BOB_330   

I have done this to my 330ci, it definitely gives the exhaust note a deeper tone at low revs, and sometimes it sounds like you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car, but having said that I think it does cause some drone and is a abit boomy at times and there may in fact be more noise heard in the car than outside lol. Nonetheless i suppose it's a good little mod though which costs nothing at all.