Jonny

Butterfly valve exhaust mod

mine is the same m8 stays open i.e not rusted and u can freely move it with ur finger. I'v just left it alone tbh doesn't need the mod.

I really wanna put sumthing in a hole lol :angry: ( refering to the pipe lol ). But it being a club would it make that much of a difference

Maybe the solenoid is faulty, as it should be shut when idling, and open above 3k iirc. I have a spare solenoid if you want to try it, or leave it if you want it open all the time :angry:

chris - how can you tell if the solenoid is duff? i've tried putting 12v on mine but can't hear any click and it doesn't seem to change the operation, i can't suck through it, like it would when connected. but then i can't measure 12v on the cable connecting to it either.

i've been over my system numerous times trying to make mine work as designed but have so far failed. when i got the car a coupe of years ago the flap was always open but it sounds like the baffles haven't liked this too much as it sounds too boomy, not a nice deep and sweet note. had a look and have got vacuum and the pipe isn't blocked off as i expected. the only two things that can't be working are the solenoid and the cable.

the rain just stopped.........am going to give it a go............al post back shortly with the results

ill video the car running then with some throttle b4...then same after

wish me luck haha

short but sweet guys.........no butterfly valve on mine

wtf??? any u guys know if mines should or originaly would have had 1? 325ci 2001

cheers

Its not just the 330 as Snowcat says . You can do this mod on 323 , 325 & 330 B)

but as i posted on sunday, after reading all about the golf tee mod, i went straight outside with the tools ready to give it a go, but after inspection, i noticed that there was np butterfly valve in the tailpipe. also some else posted the same bout their 325, really gutted, as i was lookn forward to a little extra burble

But others on here have done it to Non 330 models ??

yeh a noticed that while going thru later posts....seems its only the 323 and 330

oh well, looks like i'll need to stick a screwdriver thru my backbox for some extra noise...haha only kidden

I think the cable goes off into the ecu so not something you just mess about with really i tested mine and found it wasn't getting a signal to change position so I pulled the soleniod out and connected it to the battry and I could hear it change over

I know my valve was working so just put it on a push button and then I can choose to have it loud or quite

Just sorted mine on my 330ci

always had a funny noise on cold start up turned out it was that the flap was stuck in the very nearly shut position..long bar and a few taps with a hammer ...stuck in open position :)

You should just be able to push it open with your finger mate :lol:

If not, it'll probably be rusted shut and you'll have to get a screwdriver (or any long bit of metal) and a hammer (or suitable hitting tool), and give it a good whack. Then just follow the instructions in the top post :D