mattwatson

Do All E46 Coupe's Come With The Wiring For Electric Seats?

Ok so I am currently looking at replacing my MANUAL suede/alcantara seats from my coupe.

I want some leather ones, simply because you can treat them etc and keep them looking better long-term.

So to my question…..

If I purchase some ELECTRIC seats will there be a power supply already there to simply plug in the seats? I’m not that fussy about electric or heated it just so happens the ones I have seen have BOTH.

So does anyone know for definite if the Electric will work straight away?

(I know the heated will be a trickier job as I will need to get hold of the console for the dash with the heated seat buttons on, but this isn’t my main concern)

THANKS for anyone who can help!

No, they don't. You'll have to lay the wiring manually.

To make it easy, you could buy the leather ones and fit them to your existing manual frames, then you call fit the Alcantara ones to the leccy frames and sell them on again!

I only just bought my 320CD, but last week i viewed this one:

eBay Clicky

The lad that owns it has retrofitted full black M3 electric leather seats into it, it originally had manual seats. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard if you are handy that way :D

Not handy at ALL with cars, they simply scare me!

I have a friend who is handy so will have to sweeten him up a little, I'm not interested in getting the 'memory' function to work, just simply want to be able to adjust the seats.

Can anyone give me some advice how to do this? where to buy parts etc?

Thanks

It's not a DIY you want to do if you're not comfortable with DIY.

Someone on the forum has done it. Can't remember who though. Also I think there's a thread on e46fanatics.com

ive retro fitted leccy seats its quite simple.

you only need a live and an earth to each seat ,the earth is located on the sill to the outside of each seat.

i run a live to the correct fuse of the box,the hardest bit is getting the correct connector for the fusebox,i had to purchase a few till i got the right one.

its really that simple

the heated seats is a diff ball game its major hassle from what i read.dont know anyone whos done it properly yet

i've retro fitted electric memory seats aswell. the hardest part is geting good access to the fusebox. it's tight as hell but with a few pokes and prods the pins go in ok. to get the memory working you need to run a cable from the k-bus while your working in the fusebox, to pin 15 on the seat. think it was number 2 on here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=61&fg=15 i used.

The wiring wasn't already there. That was the wire for the airbag/seatbelt sensor. You have to run power for the electric motors if your car had manual seats before. You might also need the memory module in the door if you want that functionality to work.