mit

Any Of You Ride Motorbikes?

Dayum! Nice bike man! Well i ride a 50cc Gilera runner moped lol! It's only to get me to work and back and does the job down the A13 everyday - plus it's cheap to run :) Had it de-restricted and it does 60mph if i have a long enough stretch of road haha! Bet you 600/1000 guys are pi**ing yourselves at me now :)

Well in the car to work it takes me around 35-40 minutes to get home.

On the bike it's 10 mins with or without traffic so that's my logic in having one. I do wish i had the bulls to ride something bigger though..... vrrm vrrmmm

lol yeah I don't think I could bring myself to ride a 50cc moped - it probably wouldn't be able to move with my weight on it and I'm not even that heavy lol :)

If you're on the A13 every day you're not far from me, I live in Tower Hill, in the City of London - the A13 pretty much starts next to my place!

lol The reason i have a 50cc is that i found a loop-hole in my licence that says if i passed my driving test before Feb 2000 i can ride uptoa 50 without taking a CBT. I've had it for well over 2 years now. If i could be bothered to do the proper bike test i would - but i've heard too many horror stories :/ One day i'll have the urge and just do it B)

I'm always going passed your way, i used to work in the Minories :D small world isn't it :P

I live on Minories! Above the Starbucks!

Wow I didn't realise anyone could ride a 50cc! There's an abandoned Aprilia Habana Custom 50cc in Minories Car Park if you want to do the paperwork for it - 02 reg, hasn't moved in about 5 years!

I just ordered a new Ducati Monster like the one below after test riding it last week. Haven't really ridden for years but this handles so well compared to stuff I've had before. Plus the weather's perfect for it! :P

Hi Mit,

Havn't been on line for a while as I've been playing with my bikes in the nice weather we have been having.

I have a 1990 Kawasaki ZZR1100 near mint & all original paint etc used for bike meets & a 2003 Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord for comuting when not in the 330.

How is the Monster? I test rode the new Multistrada 1200S last month, what a machine B)

I haven't picked up the bike yet! Grrr!

Been messed around a bit by the dealer. Was buying it on 0% finance (only reason to buy it really, wouldn't have forked out on a new one otherwise) and they told me I could pick it up last week when I was out of the country, but it turns out they need to see the original insurance certificate before they can even apply for the tax disc (fair enough), and they won't release the bike until it's taxed, so assuming the insurance company can email them a copy today I won't be able to get the bike for another week!

So annoying, all my mates are like "so when are you picking up your bike?" lol B)

Come on Mit, sunny sunny days it's brill, I can a monster coming now, ah no not yours lol, come on you know you want it on the road, I'm out on mine when ever I can, just off out in 1hr for a blast.

Hope you get sorted soon B)

lol, I reckon it's going to take me a year just to run it in!

I haven't picked up the bike yet! Grrr!

So annoying, all my mates are like "so when are you picking up your bike?" lol :D

Hi Mit,

Sorry to hear of your taxing problems.

Been out on my Aprilia Caponord tonight commute to work. I'm planning going to the bike night at Alton Cafe (average 200+ bikers) then onto Loomies Cafe A32/A272 (average 300+ bikers) tomorrow night (Wednesday) probably will be on the ZZR1100, now 20 years old. :D

With the recent good weather weve been having, the 330 has been sulking in the garage, only being used for school runs a few times over the last few weeks.

I have attached some Pictures of my bikes, keep smiling your Monster will be on the road soon :D

post-3922-1278460300_thumb.jpg

post-3922-1278461284_thumb.jpg

Rah loving the caponord!

There was a BMW parked in the middle of Marble Arch roundabout yesterday, fully kitted out Long Way Round style, but he was just using 2 massive Delsey suitcases as panniers, doing a round the world trip! I took a pic on my phone:

gallery_213_51_518998.jpg

Hey mit, have you picked your Ducati up yet? weve had a bit of heavy rain over the last few days, not good for getting used to two wheels.

Polished my Capo today, took me 2 hours!!! in between showers!!!

Yep, picked it up last Saturday. It's ridden 8 miles - about 5 from the dealer to home, and 4 to go to a restaurant and back for lunch. Been sat in the car park ever since.

I was quite shocked to find out bikes don't come with alarms as standard. WTF?? That's another £400-odd down the drain on top of the £350 I've spent on locks! And the thing has nowhere to store a chain or D-lock so I basically have no choice ;)

And the service from the bike dealer was pretty rubbish I have to say. I've had better service ordering a cheeseburger in McDonald's B)

The caponord is looking great! I am not looking forward to trying to wash the Ducati :s

Nice looking bike mit, do like the Ducatis :lol:

Got my module 2 of my full license on Tuesday so after that i will be in the same boat, though a ZX6R is on the cards for me!

Nice looking bike mit, do like the Ducatis :lol:

Got my module 2 of my full license on Tuesday so after that i will be in the same boat, though a ZX6R is on the cards for me!

Sweet Jonny, good luck for Tuesday :lol:

Sweet Jonny, good luck for Tuesday :lol:

Cheers mate :lol: excited for it if nothing else, fingers crossed i'll pass though! lol

Think we'll have to arrange some Zone rideouts at this rate!

Nothing like doing 200mph on a bike :D Unless you lift your head :unsure::D

Enjoy her Mit, lovely bikes and excellent noise! My mates just got an S2R, which is a few years old for something like 3.5k! Very cheap!

Im more into my Kawasaki's, as i loved my Ninja, but since my daughter being born, been forced to four wheels only on the roads. So track bike next :D

Yep, picked it up last Saturday. It's ridden 8 miles - about 5 from the dealer to home, and 4 to go to a restaurant and back for lunch. Been sat in the car park ever since.

I was quite shocked to find out bikes don't come with alarms as standard. WTF?? That's another £400-odd down the drain on top of the £350 I've spent on locks! And the thing has nowhere to store a chain or D-lock so I basically have no choice :D

And the service from the bike dealer was pretty rubbish I have to say. I've had better service ordering a cheeseburger in McDonald's :unsure:

The caponord is looking great! I am not looking forward to trying to wash the Ducati :s

Glad to hear that you finally got your bike :D

Where did you buy your bike from? Bike dealers can vary in the service they provide, like the BMW dealers. If you find a good one, keep going back!!! Best thing to do if you havn't already, is join the forum for your bike, the Aprilia Forums are great for sorting any major issues out, similiar to the e46zone.

I got it from Metropolis in Vauxhall (London). Still haven't ridden it lol, been away all weekend with the car!

Tried joining the Monster forum but it was a load of hassle signing up and they wanted too much information so I gave up!

I got it from Metropolis in Vauxhall (London). Still haven't ridden it lol, been away all weekend with the car!

Tried joining the Monster forum but it was a load of hassle signing up and they wanted too much information so I gave up!

Your not having a good introduction to the world of two wheels. ;)

Have seen the adverts from Metropolis in the MCN, but have had no dealings with them.

It's probably worth perservering with the Monster forum, as the info on them is 2nd to none.

Are you far from the ACE Cafe, I took my ZZR to a Kawasaki day back in April. Check the ACE website to see if they have a Ducati day, it's a great place to meet other bikers of the same marque & get some good info. B)

Of course you probably know all this, so I'm sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!!!!!!!

B) I don't know how to suck eggs either! I've ridden the bike a bit more now, quadrupled the mileage so now it's on about 32 miles...

Biggest problem I have is that there's nowhere to put a D-Lock or chain in the bike. The space under the seat is the size of my fist and just about fits a disc lock in it. Everyone keeps telling me I need a top box but those givi things look super ugly and it feels like towing a caravan with a ferrari if I do that. Any ideas?

And in other news, despite only having had my bike a very short while, it feels very comfortable and I like riding it, so I think I'm going to have to get a BMW S1000RR for my next bike ;)

:D I don't know how to suck eggs either! I've ridden the bike a bit more now, quadrupled the mileage so now it's on about 32 miles...

Biggest problem I have is that there's nowhere to put a D-Lock or chain in the bike. The space under the seat is the size of my fist and just about fits a disc lock in it. Everyone keeps telling me I need a top box but those givi things look super ugly and it feels like towing a caravan with a ferrari if I do that. Any ideas?

And in other news, despite only having had my bike a very short while, it feels very comfortable and I like riding it, so I think I'm going to have to get a BMW S1000RR for my next bike ;)

I agree a Topbox is ok for a touring type bike, but it would look out of place on the Monster. I have one on my Capo and its a 45 litre box, so lots of room for my sarnies for work!!!!

You could always get some disc locks for the bike if you don't like lugging chains/D-lock around :)

I'm 6' 6" & sat on a BMW S1000RR, not much room for me B). They look nice in the BMW Sport colours white/Red/blue. I imagine the insurance would be pricey?

I pay £111.90 Fully Comp on both bikes with Aviva Classic Bike policy, so I'm keeping my current bikes for a long time, had my Capo since new in 2003, just coming upto 30,000 miles :D