Jorge-

Bbs Style 5 / Rc090 Diy Refurb

Okay, so if everything goes right, I will own some staggered 17" style 5s next week in a nice ET20...

They need a full refurb though, not a problem, I like polishing wheels and polishing them without faces and tyres will be even easier, but I would like new bolts.

Only place I can see in the UK that sell them are justmatz or something, they want £193 for gold bolts with nuts and washers, theres a guy on ebay selling stainless ones for £110 delivered. Can anyone else give any suggestions about where to get some? I will take a nosey over to Wheel Whores soon and see what they know.

Then going to get the faces shot blasted back and I will spray them up, not sure on colour yet, maybe a pale grey like these style 19s. (which I would really like if I could find a staggered set that didnt break the bank, unless someone has some faces lay around :D )

DSCF4493-1.jpg

Not sure where to get the bolts but I think you need a 12point spline bit and a 12 point spline socket

Maybe found out how much it would cost to have yours gold plated

I also found a good german sire that sold split rim bolts will post a link when I get home mate

17" style 5's will fetch £500 all day.

17" staggered about £750.

mint about a grand staggered.

however the key for style 5's on an e46 is to find a set of staggered 18's!!

i know of 1 set but there £2k!!

justmatz are expensive for BBS bits but they come from BBS - there not replica ebay taiwan rubbish etc

the best bet IMO is to strip all tghe bolts out, soak in vinegar for a week or so and then polish them up on a bench wheel.

you car will look sick on these mate.

Read the link I posted, 12 point 10mm socket, which I have...

I was gona soak in vinegar like that build thread linked, and I want 17s to go low... hopefully getting these for a bit less but they are far far from mint and need a few hundred spent including tyres.

I tried a couple of types and nitromors was increadible I bought a litre tin and still have loads left paint it on dead thick dab itwith a paint brush and add more when the first layer is dry then jetwashor scrape off

I was in looking at having my wheels referb'd yesterday and the guy showed me chrome powdercoat. No good for my csl's but it looks sweet on style 5's with polished lips!

Thats what this guy has used... B)

gaydon09092.jpg

gaydon09100.jpg

I've been chatting to that guy who owns the first bmw, happens to be called Jorge too lol, I think lime green is played out too much, specially with all the monster stickers on Saxos now. Orange doesn't work in those pics, I'd love coloured dishs, but as I said in PM maybe come winter B)

Could do the centres the blue in those lips, but ideally want a colour that I can stick coloured lips with or just white lips, so I think it'll be a nice dark silver, or gold.

IMO if you go with coloured wheels, the colour has to flow throughout the whole car as a 'theme'

For example, orange centres, orange seats, orange indicators etc

If there isnt going to be a flowing colour theme, just go for a classic silver or scrackle effect silver with mega shiny dishes, will make the car look 5 years newer on a clean set of silver rims.