Jorge-

Bbs Style 5 / Rc090 Diy Refurb

Looking good so far Jorge.

They also look pretty awesome on the Z4. I wasn't keen on these when they first came out, but the more I see them, the more I like them.

Bit too rich for me though, I'll stick with my Eunos for roof down action :)

You got an Mx5? I nearly bought one instead of the 330. Still not sure if I made the right choice

:D err are you female or 5ft tall? :D Na great handling fun cars, but not my cup of tea. They did a BBR turbo IIRC, but in green :)

Interesting read.

You know my feelings on modifying already so I won't bore you. What I will say is that I enjoy seeing people tackle jobs like this themselves! You seem to have real patience when it comes to wheels lol.

Looking forward to how they turn out. (especially if they are a nice normal colour :) )

I am quite feminine looking Chris lolz

I love MX5s, they did the BBR in Red and black I think, but you can get Greddy bolt on turbos dead cheap. For sub 2k you could have a 5 looking like this;

mazda-mx-5-266945.jpg

First I found on google, but you get the idea.

Yeah, I would rather spend time doing this than doing something pointless on my car... I am not sure what you view on modifying is? you against it? lol I am 20, so its all I care about. Sweet rims, scraping the floor on a pimp a** ride. All you ever need, no need to waste money on carbon etc (although a carbon CSL lid would be nice) wheels make a car.

Lol, I'm 21 and modifying is the last thing on my mind. Maybe it's because I haven't reached a car I'm happy with yet. I'd rather save my pennies for a bigger engined car. Maybe when I've got the car I want, with the money needed to modify it then I'd think about it.

It won't be slammed to the deck with pink rims though :)

Going a bit OT here, but I'm not female, but only 5'9" :) Don't knock an MX5/Eunos til you've tried one. Mine is only mildly modded, but handling is awesome. Probably going to fit a charger this year which will give it the extra bit of grunt it's lacking.

Here's mine:

3924086584_8d97c41211_o.jpg

4245162337_c896e5e00d_o.jpg

Also got a Volvo 850 T5 for general load lugging, etc - and just recently bought the 330ci between me & the missus :D

MX5's rock and on a B road will leave an E46 behind easy. i miss my old eunos.

jorge - same Z4 - spooky. awesome motor isn't it.

and yes, a 200hp eunos turbo makes fior a very rapid sideways car. good coils, phat rims etc, job dones.

all any cars needs is a pjat drop and rims to look cool. period. don't waste time and money and s*** lights, fake carbon etc....

Thanks Jorge.

It's a '92 1.6 S-Special. I bought it with a few mods done (Cusco coilovers, 1.8 brakes, oem lip, BBS rims, 6 point Cusco rollbar, 4 branch, Apexi induction) and have since replaced the Cusco rollbar with a TR Lane rollbar, and fitted the Sparco Sprints.

The 1.8 have a bit more power, but not much in it due to gearing. The 1.8 does have bigger brakes, extra braces, etc - but an early 1.6 (not the crappy 90bhp ones) is still the sweety engine and slightly shorter ratios iirc, add the bigger brakes and braces and you're laughing :)

As Nate says, these things handle so well, although I can't comment on a standard one. Even lacking in straight line grunt, once they are wound up you don't have to brake too much.

If I get chance this year I'll probably fit a charger from a Mini Cooper S, which will take it around 200bhp with a decent map and should give plenty of smiles :D

Totally different drive to the 330ci, but I love them both for different reasons :D

Yeah, I was looking at the 1.8s with the LSD? Jap imports. Can pick em up dead cheap, but theres one in the carpark at work, absolutely mint red one think its one of the nurses (yeah says its all about them!) come next spring I will offer her some money for it I thinks :)

Spent quite a bit of time researching them on MX5Nutz, would have bought one if my car sold in Sept, not Jan like it did, before I got the job I have now

Yeah, some of the 1.8's have Torsen rear diffs, mine & some 1.8's have a viscous LSD, which is probably fairly tired now, lol!

Best time to buy is after summer, for cheapness anyway :)

Imports are the better buy now (unless your a UK purist snob!) as they are generally better specced, and tend to suffer with rust less if they've only been in the UK a short while. Common areas are rear sills/arches.

Okay well photoshop decided to close itself before I could save, balls.

I got this far:

Missing grey, white, black, yellow, gold, orange... but tbh these look better haha, with the exception of yellow and gold, they both worked well, and I could use black bolts with them.

red.png

purple.png

pink.png

green-1.png

blue.png

babyblue.png

go with the darker blue looks lush with black :mellow:

Good work so far man. Wheels should come up amazing once done.

Thought about chrome powder coat? Not ground breaking, but is a good default that will work on whatever car you change them too.

eurpoerntorquaymeet024.jpg

Thats money, and far too easy! haha

Starting work tonight finally, can't decide if to do all 4 together, or 1 at a time.

Bought a wirewheel and sanding wheel to totally strip down the barrels.

Centres are going purple, just need to find a nice one, my mates said to try BMW Black eye purple, and he will add an additional flake to it..

But purple looks awesome, even if Nogaro is classy.

Is Nogaro like a paint name for BMW? Like if I said spray em that colour could my friend pop to the shop and get it made up?

Finally an update,

Spent the last hour or so using the new abrasive compounds I bought with a cotton mop (80, 150, 300grit), gotta apply it to the wheel the night before, then let it dry over night and the next day it is just a wheel of sandpaper pretty much, but better.

Started with the 80, and then did some 150 when all the compound had rubbed off. Gonna take a few days to do it, coated them back up for another go at it tomorrow. Did a quick teaser picture, this is straight from 150 to the Sisal mop with brown block stuff. When I finish it I will go 300 first, then some 800 wet and dry, then the sisal mop.

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg