Jamesy Boy ACS3d

Hk Spatilizer Button

I have just purchased an audio spatilizer button (part no. 61318363679):

(Sorry about the quality of the iPhone photos)

739696a9.jpg

bc8191e4.jpg

cb5d1330.jpg

I intend to eventually upgrade my entire audio system to aftermarket and intend to use this button to turn the sub amp on and off. My problem is that the button has 6 pins and I don't know which is for what ?!?!?!?

I am assuming:

• Illumination (+)
  • Illumination (-)
  • On light (+)
  • On light (-)
  • Power line (In)
  • Power line (Out)

But not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anybody has a pin diagram for the button it would be ace.

What the flip is a " spatilizer " ? :P

If you had the OEM upgrade to either the Hi-Fi or Harman Kardon speaker packages you had an option of a 'Spatilizer' button. Which basically meant that when pressed it gave the audio system a richer sound & the sound was coming from all around you. In real terms it just turned the gain up on your amp.

If you had the OEM upgrade to either the Hi-Fi or Harman Kardon speaker packages you had an option of a 'Spatilizer' button. Which basically meant that when pressed it gave the audio system a richer sound & the sound was coming from all around you. In real terms it just turned the gain up on your amp.

Actually it's DSP Spatializer. DSP is digital signal processor. It's more gubbins, not just increasing the gain on the amp. It's also known as digital time alignment I think (at least that's what my head unit calls it and it has various options for different car setups, but presumably for the BMW it would be set up for the car from the factory).

But yeah, doesn't really do much other than burn a hole in your wallet when you tick it on the options list :P

Not sure what the pins are but, this may help...(from the online wds).

HK-Button.png

Also, I know you wont be able to use it to turn on your sub/amp unless you use a relay as it won't take the current being dropped across it.

I ran a new feed from the fusebox and wired a relay in and just used the button to switch.

I have used this same button for switching on my sub and had to use a relay, but I used the full switch panel, not the individual button.

Cheers ccfj1.

Was planning to use it as the remote on/off line to feed the sub amp. As this should only need to be 5V tops and not much current.

I read a thread on E46fanatics that talked about using a relay, as else the button activation light (green one) would come on when the button was pressed and off when you pressed to turn the sub on :(

Will have to give it a go.

Do you have a link to the picture as when I went to enlarge it or print it off I couldn't read any of the small writing?

Cheers ccfj1.

Was planning to use it as the remote on/off line to feed the sub amp. As this should only need to be 5V tops and not much current.

I read a thread on E46fanatics that talked about using a relay, as else the button activation light (green one) would come on when the button was pressed and off when you pressed to turn the sub on B)

Will have to give it a go.

Do you have a link to the picture as when I went to enlarge it or print it off I couldn't read any of the small writing?

http://spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/e46/

Solved! Installed virtual machine on windows 7, installed xp mode, downloaded wds.iso, mounted in deamon tools, launched with IE 6 and after a little bit of search, i came up with the schematics (picture below).

As a conclusion:

Pin no5 of HK switch goes to pin 15 in HK amplifier - yellow/black colour wire
Pin no4 of hk switch goes to pin 14 in superior fuses box fuse F7 white/violet wire
Pin no6 of HK switch goes to pin 5 of X322 connect - gray/red wire
Pin no3 of HK switch goes to ground - brown wire
Pin no2 of HK switch - not used
Pin no1 of HK switch - not used

post-31504-0-53415700-1406159519_thumb.j

On 24/07/2014 at 00:52, razvangavan said:

Solved! Installed virtual machine on windows 7, installed xp mode, downloaded wds.iso, mounted in deamon tools, launched with IE 6 and after a little bit of search, i came up with the schematics (picture below).

As a conclusion:

Pin no5 of HK switch goes to pin 15 in HK amplifier - yellow/black colour wire
Pin no4 of hk switch goes to pin 14 in superior fuses box fuse F7 white/violet wire
Pin no6 of HK switch goes to pin 5 of X322 connect - gray/red wire
Pin no3 of HK switch goes to ground - brown wire
Pin no2 of HK switch - not used
Pin no1 of HK switch - not used

post-31504-0-53415700-1406159519_thumb.j

Finally found a post that getsme closer to achieving this.  I dont have the HK set up so i want to get my hands on this button and hope i can just run power, ground and illumination with remote sub/amp activation.

Problem is im useless at electrics. That image looks like as much of a map to Eldorado as it does a wiring diagram. Unsure what to do next, whether i need to take this button apart or just maybe get the connector that goes in, cut it and send the lines to where they need. Power and ground is obvious but what next?

Thanks for any help!