Salim

Can You Dye The Carpet?

My interior was bison grey but as its a 10 year old car some bits were looking filthy and it was really bugging me so I decided to paint the door cards, centre console and the dash black. I was going to dye the carpets black as well then I was told you can't buy black dye for carpet lol.

Now the problem is I have black overspray all over the grey carpet. Does anyone know if I can use anything to make the carpet black? I really cba to take everything out and replace it with black carpet.

Im assuming you'll be taking your seats out to do this? In which case i'd do a test patch on the carpet where the seat would usually cover before you commit to doing the whole carpet. If it turns out to be crap (which it doesnt seem to be judging by the sellers feedback) at least it will only be a small area thats out of view.

Yup seats will have to be taken out to do a proper job. The dash and door cards came out very nice with a rattle can, I had done this in my E36 so I knew the paint would adhere. The centre console kind of f***ed up because the surface was really smooth even after I gave it a good key and primer. Will probaby replace this with a proper black one if it comes up on eBay