silver

Help Removing Rear Seat Back

Hello my first post so go easy with me please, I have a 318ise saloon and cant seem to get the back off the rear seat ? I`ve had a look around the forums and tried one of the explanations but can`t seem to get it to work any help greatly appreciated, regards Mick

IIRC just take out the headrests and the rear seat should lift out of its mounting brackets, no bolts or anything :)

Thanks for that Trickster once the rain stops I`ll give it a go ,do the headrests just lift straight out or is there a trick to them :D

Thanks for that Trickster once the rain stops I`ll give it a go ,do the headrests just lift straight out or is there a trick to them :D

nw dude, IIRC they should just lift straight out, maybe a button to press at the base of the headrest on the seat, soz thats a bit vague :S

let us know how u get on :)

You don't have folding seats do you? I think it's different if you do. Still think it's funny that BMW calls folding seats through load system...

On my saloon 318, no folding seats etc. You need to pull the top of the seat out hard! It's held with metal clips. Slide your fingers up where the seat back meets the door rubber until you are near the top and give it a good yank, then just pull the seat up and it will be out. The rear headrests are held in with retaining clips under the parcel shelf, if u need the headrests out you need to remove the 4 expanding rivets from the edge if the parcel shelf and you will see the clips. Remove these and the headrest will come out

Thanks for the new advice I`ll try it tomorrow as I tried for around an hour this afternoon and no luck ,I tried the headrests and no chance of taking them out I worked out they had pins in underneath you can feel them through the small bodywork holes in the boot,I got the sides of the seatback out but didnt really want to pull any harder fear of ripping something as it was extremely tight but now I know the top will come out I`ll give it a go, thaks for the help