DaveDunlop

Instrument Cluster Removal

Yeah they do but only do 2-3 coats I did 6 lol for a deep red but they still light up quite well :-)

Run the pen without stopping or you'll get lines.

d37730fd.jpg

And becarful u don't break the glass pixel screens like i did lol replaced them now tho :-)

Edited by zimzimmer46

Disconnect for safety - you will need to reset the mpg and clock but thats all - I live in Cannock area so you might see me about in the vert?

Will do, what colour you got mate I'll keep a look out, have you a thread on it?

Will do, what colour you got mate I'll keep a look out, have you a thread on it?

light gold - as in my profile pic - I don't have a thread - my next project is to upgrade my really ancient 4:3 ratio heada unit monitor cos the tv was analogue and my headrest screens don't work. Fancy tha Andrive but its too pricey - old E46 radio/tape stuff dosn't seem to sell well on ebay at moment

Great guide, nice and easy to follow. Thank you for you efforts. Is this how you change the bulbs for the cluster as well? I want to put white inside or maybe mix it up abit.

I think the tamper dot comes up if the milages on the main ecu and the gauge cluster don't match up correctly

I took mine out and did the above mods and don't have the dot

This. Also if the VIN encoded into the clocks doesn't match.