Mooney

Boring question about wheels

8 posts in this topic

Mooney   

Well..

Currently have stock 17" alloys on our coupe.

Most are badly scuffed (previous owners), and seeing as I am a bit of a perfectionist, it really bugs me.

I would go and get some nice new 18" wheels but replacement tyre costs put me off slightly

I have been thinking about getting them refurbed...

Let me know what you would do??

Refurb all the way if your looking to keep costs to a minimum.

Decent refurb company who shoot blast rims, powder coat and spray/lacquer is what you need.

I've heard really good things from friends who have used a local company to me in Birmingham called Lab-Tap.

see below

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php

They do quite a few standard and special finishes and i believe for around £200 to £250 all four wheels, book car in, drop off in morning pick up evening all done, it is probably a bit cheaper if you take wheels off yourselve and take them in

i'm getting my MV2's treated to a refurb in "Anthracite" or "Black Chrome" (see picture of these on website) at the beginning of May, just after pay day :wub::D

Try this guy, he's a really nice guy, his name is Dav, webite is http://www.pureklas.co.uk/ he does alot of stuff for Vw owners, he is based in Northampton, does an excellant job.

Mooney   

Thanks guys.

Both look good. I will have to check them out and get some quotes.

I think refurb is definatly the way i'm heading at the moment

Well..

Currently have stock 17" alloys on our coupe.

Most are badly scuffed (previous owners), and seeing as I am a bit of a perfectionist, it really bugs me.

I would go and get some nice new 18" wheels but replacement tyre costs put me off slightly

I have been thinking about getting them refurbed...

Let me know what you would do??

Upgrade to 18,s matey it'll look the nuts then tuck your 17s away and get em refirbed when funds allow then when you sell her she can go to her new owner with spanking 17,s and you get to keep the 18s for your new ride.

Also remember that 18s are becoming more popular and that has brought tyre prices down, i remember when 17" tyres cost a fortune but they're just a run of the mill tyre now.

Summers here treat yourself to some OOOOOOOOJ rims :wub:

mjn   

Wow, this thread is 8 years old!

The car is probably crushed or rusted away by now.

MangoMan   

I know, crazy...

But this usually happens when the OP doesn't give any resolution to his original post.

Also I think it might be a good idea to lock dormant Posts of 2 years or more...???