325i

Rear Shock Absorbers

I need a set of rear shock absorbers for my 2001 325i sport 4dr. I have phoned euro car parts and GSF but when i confirm the car is an m-sport, they say that they dont do them.

Looking at REALOEM, the part number is different for standard and m-sport, http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=33&fg=45

Does anyone know where i can get them from other than the dealers?

thanks

Have you asked how much they are from the dealer? Might not be as expensive as you think.

I guess there's always Kwik-Fit/National and the like?

C3BMW is the cheapest place i have found.

What im thinking is to get the front suspension checked out to see if thats ok, if not im thinking of just replacing the lot with aftermarket suspension, possibly coilovers.

I have seen various coilover kits on ebay ranging from £150 to £200. What are your views in regarding these kits? The main thing that im concerned about is the ride quality. I will set the height to what it is now or slightly lower by a few mm, how will the ride quality be compared to the standard?

thanks

Remember someone saying Euro Car Parts do them but when you go down/call them they never know where to find the part numbers. Someone posted them on this forum a while ago - can't remember who/where though!

Sorry for the useless post! lol.

If/when mine need changing I may go Koni FSD aftermarket shocks tbh..

Remember someone saying Euro Car Parts do them but when you go down/call them they never know where to find the part numbers. Someone posted them on this forum a while ago - can't remember who/where though!

Sorry for the useless post! lol.

If/when mine need changing I may go Koni FSD aftermarket shocks tbh..

Cheers mate.

I did phone a couple of times including a different branch and they just that they dont do it for the m tech m sports suspension.

I would love Koni FSD but i dont use the car much or do much mileage so cant justify spending over £500 on a set of shocks. :D

Works for me?? He can beat the C3BMW price, I know as I compared them. I forgot, mine included everything from new top mounts, bump stops, spring pas and right down to new washers and bolts.

http://www.nm-motorsport.com

Has he stopped doing them now? Can't see them on the website? Or did you call up and enquire?

I just had a look online for rear shock with a couple of the usuals and cant find anything. You can pick them up from ebay but you never can be sure of the quality.

Might be worth taking a punt at some coilovers but if it were me id avoid the £200 sets and look for something around the £400+.

Euro car parts sell the rear shocks for m sport cars. I got a set of bilstein for £35 each

Bilstein aren't the OEM.

Also, how do you know they are suitable for a Sport variant? It doesn't say they are "for M-Tech suspension" anywhere as far as i can see? They might be for SE models?

EDIT: i also find it amazing that a company the size of Euro Car Parts suddenly has no shock absorbers for the E46 BMW 3 Series - one of the biggest selling cars in the last decade. When i needed my rear shocks about 3 months ago, they had about 4 different companies shocks in stock, and i was able to get my OEM Sachs ones easily. Then about 2 months ago, i checked again and they suddenly had no shock absorbers for my car!