Garethw330sport

330I Scorpion Exhaust

I have full Eisenmann sound pipes with my Scorpion back box. Had to go to custom exhaust company as Scorpion's pipes for entering the back box was at such a strange angle. So, you may think that their centre is at a strange angle to.

Maybe, if you get chance to see centre section hold it up underneath the car for a dry run first.

you cant do nothing with just the middle section, pointless too, its got a massive silencer in it which silences the exhaust massivly, chances are they've had a new de-silenced section made up, hence the spare middle section, i have a spare scorpion middle section too, because i had a straight through section custom made up

Also, I'm finding the exhaust way too quiet. Even with the Eisenmann sound pipes, which deletes the pre-cats and centre silencers.

Going to sell Scorpion back box and get a custom made one built in the new year. Think it might be due to the 320ci not giving enough power out to give it a strong 6 cyclinder sound.

How you finding the volume beau?

hi.

i fitted full scorpion exhaust (front section (silencer instead of cats) the middle section with silencer, and the back box.

and it was quieter than the standard exhaust! haha - wasnt too happy.

i then had scorpion exhausts custom make me straight through front and middle sections, so now iv only got the cats in the manifold and the backbox, and it sounds amazing, sounds like an M3 exhaust.

the only problem with it is, it is still quiet (same volume as what M3's sound like) so i may look at getting a custom made back box up as well, at least once iv done that il have a full scorpion exhaust i can put on ebay.

Totally agree sounds amazing in terms of tone etc but like you say volume is too quiet.

I tempted to sell the complete exhaust system full Eisenmann sound pipes and Scorpion back box and go complete custom. But will still leave the cats in the manifold for MOT and road legal issues.

Can anyone see any problems or give me advice on having a Y pipe made after the cats and going something like 3 inch straight through down to a single inlet custom back box???

Beau - Your thinking of just getting custom back box or complete system?

Have been considering buying an Eisenmann Race, but don't want to pay out £650 ish for an exhaust that probably is the same volume or possibly even quieter. Done it before on previous cars. I have always found the cheaper the exhaust the more volume you get.

Also, considered Eisenmann Race set up with headers. But can't find any RHD ones. Contacted CA Automotive and they said they couldn't find any either?!?

I did see a manifold and sport cat package in the mid pipes from Schmiedmann.com, but as this is a German company = probably for LHD cars.

Totally agree sounds amazing in terms of tone etc but like you say volume is too quiet.

I tempted to sell the complete exhaust system full Eisenmann sound pipes and Scorpion back box and go complete custom. But will still leave the cats in the manifold for MOT and road legal issues.

Can anyone see any problems or give me advice on having a Y pipe made after the cats and going something like 3 inch straight through down to a single inlet custom back box???

Beau - Your thinking of just getting custom back box or complete system?

il just get a backbox, scorpion have already custom made me front/middle straight through sections, they probably could make a backbox with less silencing too tbh! there prices are very good too, the front and middle sections in stainless steel with no silencers cost me £170 delivered direct from scorpions workshop (the only downside is it took them 8 weeks, but the quality of the work is perfect, makes powerflow etc look like its been done by a kid)

That is very resonably priced considering what I paid for my Eisenmann centres!

I am tempted to keep my first twin front pipes that replace the pre-cats and have a Y pipe installed to conect a single pipe to a single inlet back box and have a 5x3 letter box tailpipe or pre made twin tailpipes on single outlet. By doing this I can choose a smaller back box.

Does anyone know if having a single inlet back box will change the tone, compared to a twin inlet / twin outlet back box as I already have with the Scorpion???

That is very resonably priced considering what I paid for my Eisenmann centres!

I am tempted to keep my first twin front pipes that replace the pre-cats and have a Y pipe installed to conect a single pipe to a single inlet back box and have a 5x3 letter box tailpipe or pre made twin tailpipes on single outlet. By doing this I can choose a smaller back box.

Does anyone know if having a single inlet back box will change the tone, compared to a twin inlet / twin outlet back box as I already have with the Scorpion???

single pipe will make the sound alot deeper.

got a 2.0 Z4 at work, with single pipe, 4" tailpipe i think, and its very deep sounding,

also, when you put an exhaust on the 318's they sound deep (because there single pipe) but on the twin exhausts they sound raspy instead (because of 2 smaller pipes)

Beau - Excellent, thankyou for the information.

Looks like I'm going to go for a small single inlet / outlet back box with a 5x3 letterbox or pre-made twin tailpipe design.

Beau - does the Z4 have the m54 2.0 6 cyclinder the same as mine? Whats the complete exhaust set-up on the car? As I am still very tempted to go single straight through centre from the manifold-cats right upto the back box.

Beau - Excellent, thankyou for the information.

Looks like I'm going to go for a small single inlet / outlet back box with a 5x3 letterbox or pre-made twin tailpipe design.

Beau - does the Z4 have the m54 2.0 6 cyclinder the same as mine? Whats the complete exhaust set-up on the car? As I am still very tempted to go single straight through centre from the manifold-cats right upto the back box.

z4 is only a 4 cyl.

iv only kneeled down and peeked under the bumper but it looks like its just had a cheap backbox welded on!