pauly330

Bbs Rc090 / Style 5 Refurb

How much is the refurb setting you back, wanted to cry when I saw the refurb price for a set of split wheels.

What kind of price are we talking? I'm looking to get my Clubby rims refurbed in the next couple of months.....

You try cleaning 136 bastard bolts. 2 hours a night I sat in my garage doing that in minus temps for 4 days straight. Then on the Friday rebuilding them after a repolish from about 6-7pm until 3am.

Not something I'd want to do! I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay someone full whack to do it. Yours were in quite bad nick though which gives me a bit of hope I guess :/

Yeah, and your lips are much smaller and not covered in paint at the moment.

If the lips aren't too badly curbed, I'd just split yours down, sent the centres off to be powdercoated or whatever and polish the lips up yourself. They are only little, and with £20-30 and a few hours of your time you'd get them mirror finish very easily.

You want the blokes address where I got them from? Saying that I've got another set that I bought for a lad on a VW forum I'm still on - he's been a bit slow in paying me' / collecting them. I'll ask him to hurry up or just let me sell them??!!

They're red too, 70mm genuine BBS for RS/RM's. The place I got them refurbed split them from the plastic clips and stuck them in with hot glue.

Gaz I split my cs rims there are only 2 price ones and mine split dead easy get some nitromors on the lips and it strips the coating of dead easy then send the centres off to be painted or powdered if you don't fancy doing it yourself

£45 per set posted I think. They were the only genuine red set on there in that size, but I didn't want to spend all that money on wheels + refurb only to put cheap copy badges on.

I'll chase him up if you want though and if he does pay for them, I'll dig theblokes email out. He's not allowed to sell on eBay any more as they're too cheap apparently.

You may ask.

I found them on eBay!

I was watching them and also had a Best Offer pending, when the auction was pulled. I emailed the seller to find out why and he said BBS had complained because he was selling genuine badges for cheaper than they could sell them?!?!?!?!??!??!?? I then struck a deal, took a bit of a risk and completed the transaction outside of eBay.

Two sets of badges turned up about two weeks later :)

You may ask.

I found them on eBay!

I was watching them and also had a Best Offer pending, when the auction was pulled. I emailed the seller to find out why and he said BBS had complained because he was selling genuine badges for cheaper than they could sell them?!?!?!?!??!??!?? I then struck a deal, took a bit of a risk and completed the transaction outside of eBay.

Two sets of badges turned up about two weeks later :)

So you have 2 sets of red badges?