jayla

Oxygen Sensor Help Needed

hi

i know i have not been here for a while been busy building my new yard up........ full of electronics in the.... like the lutron system ......... sick piece of kit as well control my whole ground floor from a remote or buttons pre programmed

my car has a problem all i need to know what does this mean and also if this is the front or rear sensor?

the error i am getting is

7d- oxygen sensor 1 open circuit

does this mean its the front sensor gone or rear sensor gone

hand tool scanner used

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5249.htm

the other error i an getting which i guessin is due to the first one

oxygen sensor 2 out of range

thanks for help

how much is labour to get this change been qhouted £50

Edited by jayla

Welcome back Jay good to see you on here again! lol nice to see you the other day hope it gets fixed. :)

all i want to know is a simple answer do i need to change the front one or rear one and i having problems finding that out. if i dont find out i will get both changed

Edited by jayla

what codes are coming up?

on the pa soft i geting code 59 and 61 and the bosch maching tells u the fault funny thing is both giv different readings i would trust the bosch over my pa soft one. other message the bosch one gave was oxygen sensor 2 heater not plausible

i am getting the front one changed hopefully end of this week

just tested my old sensor and on the work bench it works find even tho it did look like it had a high lean as it was black from carbon....

http://i53.tinypic.com/fx5o29.jpg

here is my test i did with a blow touch

today i learnt how to test a sensor but i hope i changed the right part as old one is working fine even tho computer tellin me that is at fault :(

Edited by jayla

Have you still got error codes and dash lights on?

its not as easy as that... the engine light use to come on intermitten... never use to stay on all the time after i use to clear it.... thats why i cannot check it str8 away... just have to wait and see if it comes on again i guess. could be weeks or months.or never........ i guess it probbly looose connection if it only comes on now and again but petrol consumption is wht i need to check now

i cleared the code before car went for repair and it did not come back on before i gav it to him and its still off now so i guess its gone maybe i should hook my laptop to it and have a check too lazy now lol.