UweM3

8x17 ET20?

I'd have thought you'll need more stretch on the tyres with those wheels... Being that they will be sitting at least 30mm further out that standard wheels (the spigot rings will probbaly push them out a bit more also).

I'm guessing the car will be getting a decent drop on coilovers? It may look a bit silly otherwise IMO.

I'd have thought you'll need more stretch on the tyres with those wheels... Being that they will be sitting at least 30mm further out that standard wheels (the spigot rings will probbaly push them out a bit more also).

I'm guessing the car will be getting a decent drop on coilovers? It may look a bit silly otherwise IMO.

no coilover, it's my daily driver and mile muncher. I figured that ET20 is maybe a bit much for a "nomal" application.

225/45/17 won't be stretched on 8J.

I better stick the rims on Ebay and get something with ET35-40

Spigot rings won't push them out, their purpose is to centre the wheel so it doesn't wobble and sits on the hub tight.

ET20 is doable but you would probably need to reduce the width of the tyre down for the rear depending on what you want to do.

As you got the wheels at hand you could always trial fit them on and see how they sit before selling them off?

Yeah i know that's not a stretch, i worded that badly, i just meant you may need a slight stretch.

As Syxx says, may be worth a trial fit to see how it'd look as you have them already. Although if you're not lowering it at all, personally i'd put them on the bay or something as ET20 is a bit low for a 'normal' wheel on an E46 :)

Look at Omex, he has ET20 17x8s on the back of his. I think they are on 225 tyres too.

I have ET19 17x9s at the moment, used to be ET14, but put on 15mm spacers and had to remove them until I can attack the arches more.

Both your cars are slammed on their arses though, as much as I think they both look sweet as they are, if they were on standard suspension I don't think that'd be the case ;)