simonlpearce

BMW Wheel Hub Sizes/Hub Centre Bore Sizes and ET/Offset

I'd have thought with a 19" 255 you'd want a 30 profile not a 35 profile your tyre is bigger, 12mm taller than a standard 18" the circumference aprox 100mm bigger and speedo reading low compared to the standard 255/35/18 tyre

Try to fit 245/35/19 I've got this setup on my loon but my rear offset is 45 and it's lowered just on springs but i don't get rubbing even with 5 people and luggage. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Edited by Fiftypl

what does it mean speedo low?

i know about incorrect speed readings if you put bigger wheels or smaller wheels but don't know in which direction it would misread. im i correct in thinking That speedo low means That im driving at higher speed then my speedo would show? + I've been told That the rubbing im having could come from the tire touching the bumper and not the arch which i will test hopefully today. regarding putting 245 wide tires on or 30 high tyres it would be better to know it for Sure before investing 600£ in buying tires just to try. i will Soon need to buy new tires for the rear anyways just would like to know for Sure That it really would Help. ill post later on the day the results about if the rubbing comes from the bumper or the arch. i think i should first know exactly Where it comes from

Hi.

I'm going to be doing a few track days with my 325ti. I'll be getting new wheels for it, but can't decide whether to get et40 or et45 offset (standard BMW is et47).

At the moment I have et45's on it. I know et40's will fill the arches 5mm more so I think the tyres will be fairly close to the arches.

Is there any chance of the tyres rubbing during track days though?

I'll be using 225/45/17 tyres and my suspension's the Bilstein B12 kit that uses Eibach Pro springs that gives hardly any drop at all, 20mm or so maximum.

Thanks!

You should be fine with that setup, my et38 wheels with 235/35/19 (6.4mm higher with 7mm more poke outwards than your 17's) with the same Bilstein B12 suspension don't rub at all. I wouldn't imagine the compact arches having any less space than a saloon.

Welcome to the zone BTW :thumbup:

Hi all. Would be grateful for some help as I am getting confused by wheel suppliers and whether some wheels I am looking at will fit my car. I have a 328 e46 and currently it has 18" wheels, with 255/35/18 tyres on the rear and 225/40/18 on the front. These have been on since I bought her but she is going in for a repsray soon and so I am buying some new wheels and want to make sure I get any necessary archwork done at the same time. I am looking at wheels that are 19" x 8.5" front and 19" x 9.5" rear, ET 35. Will they fit? Car will be on coilovers and would like slightly stretch tyres on the rear. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

hi there my tourer is currently sat on 15's which have to go iv got a set of 225/45/17's from a 320ci that will be going on these are the wheels not sure what et they are what im wanting to know is what size spacers can be used with the std wheel bolts if any? i guess the et would affect this sorry if im being a noob lol, wheels are at work so i cant look what et they are until tommorow, planning on lowering it would like the rim to be just tucked into the arch nice and snug,

cheers richard

post-33689-0-30857400-1426794149_thumb.j