Dicky

New Wheels Fitted, Staggered 19's All The Way!!!

Right well after 10 months of owning the Imola beast I finally made my mind up what wheels I wanted, and I have to say I love them! They are not to everyone’s taste but I think they suit my car down to the ground although they may look a little tougher if I lower her a bit more :huh:

I went for Mania Jade R’s in 19’s the fronts are 8.5” wide and the rears are a massive 10” wide. I got them shod in Falken FK 452’s 235/35/19 up front and 265/30/19 at the rear and we even have a little bit of a stretch going on to :)

Here is some quick pics I have taken, I have only just got them stuck on today and need to clean and polish the wheels and car and get some better pics up not to mention blacken the new tyres a bit aswell :D

Well here you go, please excuse the whoring :D

Only just fitted in the car

IMG_1608640x480.jpg

IMG_1610640x480.jpg

First look

IMG_1612640x480.jpg

On the car

IMG_1786640x480.jpg

IMG_1723640x480.jpg

IMG_1803640x480.jpg

Nice Stance

IMG_1643640x480.jpg

19”x 10”

IMG_1635640x480.jpg

Bit of a Stretch

IMG_1742640x480.jpg

IMG_1741640x480.jpg

Wow i am lost for words :huh::D , wheels look amazing, fav pic is the view from the back, some serious road presence there!!

I think when you mentioned a little bit of stretch you may have been a little conservative in your description. :D:)

Two words "Dogs Boll*xs"

Look really good mate :D Do they rub at the rear? Dont look as if they would :huh: And a tad lower will be nice. Cant wait until i get my 19's :D

Cheers for the comments guys

So far they haven't rubbed at all, and they are really close on the inside by the front of the inner rear arch.

I thought the Eibach Pro kit would have been spot on with these wheels but I have to agree it does look a little high, looks like I need a set of coilovers then now.

Has the car been lowered? im wanting a set of 19" but want to see how it would look without lowering it?

Has the car been lowered? im wanting a set of 19" but want to see how it would look without lowering it?

Hi mate, yes it has been lowered on an Eibach Pro Kit which isn't a hugh drop, the verts are normally a little lower than coupes in the first place.

Wow, those looks REALLY nice!!!!

How much did you pay for the whole package??

And excuse me being a turd but whats the point of stretch?? why would you want to fit a more narrow tyre to a wider wheel??

........how does it effect the rubber and handling........and and...and............well I'm pretty f*****g turned on right now.....

Just dont get the streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching thing

dsc00511dw0.jpg

Sorry, im not a fan of stretching! But I do like the wheels.

Am I right in saying that a lot of peeps generally do this on Golfs with Toyo Tyres?

That looks sh*te imo, i like stretched tyres to a degree, but that :D Bet that aint safe at speed :D bang bang, oops there goes the wheels :huh:

That looks sh*te imo, i like stretched tyres to a degree, but that :D Bet that aint safe at speed :D bang bang, oops there goes the wheels :huh:

indifferent.gif

Honest.......yet cutting.......

:D Does look a bit stupid though, but taken it one step further i spose. :huh: Nice wheels :D

You would too if you had a 5 yr olds baseball cap on.......listen its the trend.......so I'm off tomorrow to get some 5mm wide tyres stretched over my rears......

Always upping the game baby...... :huh:

Looks the nuts matey :D yet again i can justify the bogroll holder on the side of me pc :D , not a fan of the stretch look meself probably cos the wife drives the car and i can just imagine the carnage that would ensue :huh: , hows the handling under hard acceleration me vectra used to tramline with 35 profile tyres on 18" rims ?

Geezus that pic you posted StevieJay, thats just plain stupidness !!! how could anyone think that looked cool ? lol

I dont think the stretch on S2Dickys pics is too bad tho, doesnt look terrible to me at least ;)

Geezus that pic you posted StevieJay, thats just plain stupidness !!! how could anyone think that looked cool ? lol

I dont think the stretch on S2Dickys pics is too bad tho, doesnt look terrible to me at least ;)

Looks a perfect stretch, not OTT :D

Stretch should be left to the bedroom.

The End.

I like the stretch on his alloys but any more would look strange.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I took those pics on the day I got the wheels fitted, they seem to have settled in over the last week and I don't think there is much of a stretch at all. You only notice it because you can see the edge of the rim.

I have to say I love cleaning these wheels compared to my last set, so much easier ;)

Nice looking wheels indeed :)

I have just got some staggered 19" rims for my 330d - but I needed my arches rolling, as they wheels I wanted didn't come in the exact offset I needed, but yours look bob-on.

Nice looking wheels indeed :)

I have just got some staggered 19" rims for my 330d - but I needed my arches rolling, as they wheels I wanted didn't come in the exact offset I needed, but yours look bob-on.

What is the offset for a 330 coupe anyway??

and is there a conversion chart for when people advertise wheels as Front: 8j | Rear: 8.5j

WTF do they mean by that??

What is the offset for a 330 coupe anyway??

and is there a conversion chart for when people advertise wheels as Front: 8j | Rear: 8.5j

WTF do they mean by that??

The offset does depend on the width of the wheel/tyre used. For a 9.5x19 wheel with 265/30 tyre the ideal offset would be ET40, but you could get away with 35 with a slightly narrower wheel/tyre.

Not sure what you mean by conversion chart, usually as a rule of thumb, if the front offset is 35 and the rears 40 you can't go wrong, 40 all round would be fine too.

The 8 & 8.5 is the wheel width in inches. The standard BMW Sport alloys (MV1/2's etc..) are 8" at the front and 8.5" at the back.

The offset does depend on the width of the wheel/tyre used. For a 9.5x19 wheel with 265/30 tyre the ideal offset would be ET40, but you could get away with 35 with a slightly narrower wheel/tyre.

Not sure what you mean by conversion chart, usually as a rule of thumb, if the front offset is 35 and the rears 40 you can't go wrong, 40 all round would be fine too.

The 8 & 8.5 is the wheel width in inches. The standard BMW Sport alloys (MV1/2's etc..) are 8" at the front and 8.5" at the back.

Aaaaaaaaah ok that makes sense.............so if the offset is ET40......is that 40mm wider than the standard alloy from the hub then?