AdrianEvans

BMW specific USB-OBDII (16-pin) cable

the first thing to do is plug it into the car and check the light on the cable body still comes on. This will be a check to see if you haven't accidentally screwed up the soldering. Also when it is plugged into your computer it needs to be listed under ports as a usb serial (COMX) - this needs to be changed to com 1 by right clicking on it and going into advanced port settings and forcing it to com 1.

Then you need to have inpa/ediabas installed, given that you have dis installed I assume that you have done this

If all above is ok I'd expect that it is likely the obd.ini files read the stuff in the link below about software setup

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f99/bmw-and-inpa-success-e39-e46-onwards-t74608/

If you have inpa working then double check how you installed dis against what is written here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385070

let me know how you get on

the first thing to do is plug it into the car and check the light on the cable body still comes on. This will be a check to see if you haven't accidentally screwed up the soldering. Also when it is plugged into your computer it needs to be listed under ports as a usb serial (COMX) - this needs to be changed to com 1 by right clicking on it and going into advanced port settings and forcing it to com 1.

Then you need to have inpa/ediabas installed, given that you have dis installed I assume that you have done this

If all above is ok I'd expect that it is likely the obd.ini files read the stuff in the link below about software setup

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f99/bmw-and-inpa-success-e39-e46-onwards-t74608/

If you have inpa working then double check how you installed dis against what is written here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385070

let me know how you get on

Adrian,

i have INPA working, although cannot get my head round it, and eventually have got DIS communicating with the car and have enabled the OBC which i installed but, when i go into CAR or KEY memory it fails to do anything....also if i go into DIAGNOSIS it will not work.... says there is a communication error...... don't really understand this as, i said, i retrofitted my OBC.....

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Anybody know where pre-modded cables are being sold these days? Can't find any on eBay :(

Adrian,

i have INPA working, although cannot get my head round it, and eventually have got DIS communicating with the car and have enabled the OBC which i installed but, when i go into CAR or KEY memory it fails to do anything....also if i go into DIAGNOSIS it will not work.... says there is a communication error...... don't really understand this as, i said, i retrofitted my OBC.....

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Hi Simon, sorry for the delay, I've been working away. Sounds like a problem I was having when I was first trying to get DISv44 working. You just need to play around with the settings. To help I need to gauge how far along you are now. Do you know what I mean when I say fister? Or DiagHead?

*EDIT: I just realised I sorted this out with you via the messaging a few weeks ago :rolleyes:

Edited by AdrianEvans

Hi Simon, sorry for the delay, I've been working away. Sounds like a problem I was having when I was first trying to get DISv44 working. You just need to play around with the settings. To help I need to gauge how far along you are now. Do you know what I mean when I say fister? Or DiagHead?

*EDIT: I just realised I sorted this out with you via the messaging a few weeks ago :rolleyes:

I have a USB elm327 and have used it with wOBD software to check for error codes every so often. I want to start customising my car by activating comfort features (such as mirrors fold on lock...) and re-flashing the LCM as I have retrofitted genuine LED rears to my prefacelift 330Ci, can you tell me whether any of the above is possible with the equipment I already have or do I have to purchase the KKL cable?

Thanks Ad

Edited by Adhal