edwardcasbon

What's the difference between 320cd Sport and 320cd M Sport?

Hi all,

Could someone please explain to me the difference(s) between say a 2005 55 reg 320cd Sport and a later reg 320cd M Sport?

I've seen a couple of 'Sports' on Autotrader and they seem to look the same as an 'M Sport' model. The Sport has the M Sport interior and styling pack (front, rear, sideskirts, wheels) from what I can tell.

I'm really interested in getting a 320cd but would like to know the differences before I go ahead and purchase one.

Many thanks for all your help.

Edward

None, well technically there is, M Sports were given to the facelift cars really, and Sport was prefacelift.

But owners just label their cars differently, M Sport does look more appealing afterall.

With an E46? nothing.

M-sport came on later models like 1 series, E90, E60 etc.....models of the E46 era were known as Sport only. Actually some of the earlier 1 Series, E90 and E60 were called 'Sport' too and then at some point were renamed as M-sport.

Correct me if i'm wrong?

What year was the facelift model? The one's I've seen specifically are 55 reg.

Stupid question, but what are the signs of a facelift model over a prefacelift model?

Many thanks.

Edward

Headlights flick up at the edges on coupes, whereas they go down on pre-facelifts (more manly, ask the M division lol), and rear lights are LEDs. Easiest two things to spot.

The side repeaters are also higher on the facelifts whereas they are on the bump strips on pre-facelifts.

Also the sport wheels are mv2s on the facelifts whereas they are mv1s on pre-facelift :) easy to change though obviously.

320Cd's and 330Cd's only came in facelift for E46 coupe's.. ;)

Edited by momo