Gaz

General photography chat

Well i bit the bullet and bought a camera, the Panasonic Lumix FZ45, Im really happy with it. Thought more about getting an DSLR and i knew i just would never by lenses etc so this was the best option for me.

I took a few pics over the weekend so thought i would let you see, I like the picture quality an when plugged into my tv at home there even better.

My dog Diesel as he was waiting patiently for his supper, getting a bit grey now too i think

P1000012.jpg

Was just bout to wash the car saw a few flowers so decided to try a close up

P1000043.jpg

My very first few pictures, whats your thoughts ?

motor related, these are the only good snaps i have

Mallory_Super_Bikes_9307.jpg

@ 1/80th it took hundreds of attempts to get one this sharp

Mallory_Super_Bikes_8595_415.jpg

but this is what i do all the time

Anglesey_3084_61_62.jpg

Ingleton.jpg

delemere_forest_08826_13_25.jpg

this last one is taken on a converted D200 infrared camera

I use Lightroom for basic edits and adjustments, then onto PS CS5 for main editing, my best tool is a wacom tablet, which i have just upgraded to the one with an lcd screen in so im editing on top of the photo, btw the old tablet is in the for sale section :)

What have you used as the back drop? Just a big piece of white paper/fabric or have you chopped them out of the background and added a white background? What about lighting?

They've come out well :)

What have you used as the back drop? Just a big piece of white paper/fabric or have you chopped them out of the background and added a white background? What about lighting?

They've come out well :)

I nipped next door and used a photographers studio..lol

They are sat on a light box and i had a further 2 remote flashes.

Bike crash shot is superb !!!!

motor related, these are the only good snaps i have

Mallory_Super_Bikes_9307.jpg

@ 1/80th it took hundreds of attempts to get one this sharp

Mallory_Super_Bikes_8595_415.jpg

but this is what i do all the time

Anglesey_3084_61_62.jpg

Ingleton.jpg

delemere_forest_08826_13_25.jpg

this last one is taken on a converted D200 infrared camera

I use Lightroom for basic edits and adjustments, then onto PS CS5 for main editing, my best tool is a wacom tablet, which i have just upgraded to the one with an lcd screen in so im editing on top of the photo, btw the old tablet is in the for sale section :)

Daz

That's where I post my shots :lol:

Cheers

Steve

*Cough Cough* Gaz :lol:

Ah I'll keep an eye out for some of your work on there. Frequent browser but never posted up on there before. After seeing how crisp your shots are I'm tempted to try out the 100-400 lens. I've been reading up about it and everyone gives it rave reviews.

thanks, got me a FIAP Silver medal that did :)

As it should have done. It's a truly amazing shot. I bet you were so happy when you realised you'd captured that. What PP (if any) went in to it?

Edited by Gaz

that is amazing! must be one expensive camera too because the quality is very good. very good views and shots!

Not necessarily. You could get the same kind of shot with a budget DSLR with good glass in front of it. He's a very skilled photographer though :)

yep, don't need to spend loads to get some good shots. this photo is a 5-minute exposure of a waterfall, giving the lovely smooth effect to the water. normally a 10-stop filter needed to achieve this would set you back at least £100, this one was taken through welding helmet glass that cost me £3:

76105_466981684639_502179639_5464326_4417362_n.jpg

, this one was taken through welding helmet glass that cost me £3:

I saw a load of people on talk photography talking about this. Amazing results!

I saw a load of people on talk photography talking about this. Amazing results!

yeah, that's where i got the idea for it from, it's been a while since i took that and to be honest i'd like to rework the tint etc so as to remove more of the green that the glass applies.

As it should have done. It's a truly amazing shot. I bet you were so happy when you realised you'd captured that. What PP (if any) went in to it?

Surprisingly little actually, there was some bike gyres in the background that I cloned that's all