billy rogers

custom gibson les paul

im thinking about selling one of my guitars,

it is a custom gibson les paul i aquired about 5 years ago from a family member.

im not 100% sure its genuine though as i have no idea where he bought it from and i wouldnt know how to tell if it was genuine or not.

il send to anywhere in the UK for £20 P+P

will include 1 of my hard cases, a genuine Epiphone case, has a slight mark on it but generally really good condition.

only seeling as i could do with the money to put towards my wedding.

not sure on price, about £300 but throw offers as i may sell lower if need be,

edit: now £200 as im pretty sure its a replica (very good one though!)

P1000324.jpg

P1000322.jpg

P1000321.jpg

P1000317.jpg

P1000316.jpg

P1000319.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

really is a beautiful guitar, hasnt been played alot either, mostly been on show as i tend to play my acoustic alot more

Edited by billy rogers

yes im assuming so but am still clueless, mines doesnt look as fake as the 1 in that guide :/

tbh id rather sell it cheap with a chance of it being real than expensive and knowing it could be a fake.

i do have an epiphone les paul aswell which is genuine and when i compare with that id say this 1 actually sounds better and looks better.

also i cant see my family member would have bought a real one which is the main reason im assuming its not real gibson lol

It's a fake unfortunately, although still a nice looking guitar.

The main thing that makes me say its fake is the Gibson logo - On genuine guitars the logo is lower on the headstock and the letters are straight and not italic.

However i could be wrong, the best way to check is to take the plate off at the back and look at the wiring you'll know its a gibson if the quality is perfect, usually fakes use the cheapest materials and therefore the wiring is a dead giveaway.

Still £300 isnt too bad for the guitar, alot of people look to buy fakes.

Another difference is the frets; On a genuine the frets end on the wood of the neck and unlike yours do not go on to the white edge.

If you list it on ebay as a replica i'm sure someone will buy it

Ahh you still see them on ebay now and then though.

I've got a fake les apul my self, i bought it from i-offer for about £150 knowing it was a fake just to put on my wall!

In my opinion, fake or not they still get a lot of attention and most people will think it's genuine...

thats a good price, I would have bought it a few weeks ago, I bought a Epiphone Black Beauty 3 Pick up Black & Gold, cost £400.00, which is a replica to the Gibson, although made in the same factory.

good luck with sale

the black beauty are lovely guitars and so are epiphones :) i have a white epiphone les paul also, only 2 pic ups though.

i believe the originals were released in the late 50's and were just called a les paul custom, and was nick named the black beauty, and the later models then had 3 pick ups rather than the standard 2