thejames

Replacing rear droplinks

I've heard that too. I've also heard that they can be a nightmare to get back on. Apparently washing up liquid is your friend... But they're still a bitch. I don't wanna be in a position where my car's undriveable and I can't put it back together again!!

Maybe I should just man up and give it a go?

Worst case though mate you can't get them on again just cable tie it out the way and drive to a garage and get them to do it

Really can't see it being that hard mate just cut them off and emery cloth them smooth and use some fairy liquid and tap them back on again

Think you may be right mate... I'll see what mood I'm in when I wake up tomorrow!

Reason they're bring changed is because I've already done everything else! I have a knocking/creaking noise coming from the rear and I want to rule this out before we go down the subframe bushings route.

Yup, took a couple of hours start to finish. Real fiddly job. Ended up taking the ARB out... In the end though, the 70k mile old ones were just fine! Ah well, another job ticked off.

Some advice though, don't even contemplate this job without rachet spanners!

In theory, if you jack the whole rear of the car up, there's no forces playing against you when you come to re-fit, so would be easier. Jack it up on the diff and then use axle stands on the rear jack points for safety. :)