Sign in to follow this  
Individual 330ci

Free Air/ Infinante Baffle Sub Woofer

Hi all,

As title, can anyone recommend me a Free Air sub to mount on an MDF baffle board and in the ski pass of my convertible?

I have taken inspriation from the Bavarian Soundwerks BSWib110 and have wired in a JBL amp by 'piggy backing' the signal from the OE Harmon Kardon Amp, (works perfect)....Im currently running a boxed Pioneer 12 which sounds amazing but its taking up far too much boot space and I want the looks of the free air sub mounted in between the rear seats.....

I have already tried to get a DLS one but no retailers in the UK can get them as they're american, I also had an Alpine one on order direct from them for 5 weeks as it was on back order from Germany apparently- after numerous calls to them they finally told me yesterday that its been discontinued and they were going to refund me! Not happy!!!

Pioneer do one that I've considered but I don't really like the way it looks so thats not really an option.

If anyone knows of any decent ones please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

The BSW one is made by Alumapro. Works quite nicely in my car - www.alumapro.com

I have been thinking about the exact same thing.. I would be interested with updates once you have more info. I have seen a 10inch JL which could work.. I can't remember the model at the moment but it is a free air sub.

The dls one is Swedish ;-)

But the OA10 is the one i've got my eye on, is there no way u can import one?? They seem to be the most recommended.

The dls one is Swedish ;-)

But the OA10 is the one i've got my eye on, is there no way u can import one?? They seem to be the most recommended.

Oh is it? Google searches always bring up American sites and the import duties are whats been putting me off!

It is defo the highest recommended one though! I'll try and search the euro market then ;-)

Not up on latest JL gear but W0 used to be infinite baffle model, I had a pair of 8W6's with a periodic membrane in a previous car

Not up on latest JL gear but W0 used to be infinite baffle model, I had a pair of 8W6's with a periodic membrane in a previous car

Thats the one I was talking about.. W0v2 I think? There is both a 10inch and 12 inch model

Cheers mit, where did you get yours from? Have you mounted yours on an MDF board or do you have an ib110?

I have an ib110 - cost a fortune lol, but the exchange rate was a lot better when I got mine!

elemental designs do some IB subs

not many people make IB subs any more really

may get some second hand one though you have IDMaxs which are good and regularly used IB

I have an ib110 - cost a fortune lol, but the exchange rate was a lot better when I got mine!

I had my heart set on one but the price put me off with exchange rate and import duty, I missed one on ebay too that went for £350...

It was only when I downloaded the PDF for the install instructions that I realised to connect to the HK amp all you need is a set of RCA's with the ends cut off and to use the screening as the earth, I already had 4 AWG wiring, a JBL 400W amp and set of RCA's in my garage left over from a previous car, so once I'd made the RCA's up it was just a matter of connecting to HK wiring loom, which if you follow the BSW guide is actually pretty straight forward...

So to this point I havent had to spend out for anything new! Apart from the sub which is to follow! Best bit about the ib110 is the enclosure though it does look great!

Right...

Been doing some research and I have come across the main DLS website which can be found here: http://dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_437

They list distributors and the European ones are France, Germany, Belguim etc....

Has anyone ever bought anything from Europe? Are there expensive import duties from Europe or anything? The OA10D is defo the one I want but it looks like its going to have to be imported!

Cheers in advance.

Would imagine it would be a wedge import such a heavy item. If it were me I'd just buy the AO10 from the UK and put up with the red logo lol either that or change the dust cap to one with a black logo.Theyre both very similar spec so sound should be nigh on the same.

Would imagine it would be a wedge import such a heavy item. If it were me I'd just buy the AO10 from the UK and put up with the red logo lol either that or change the dust cap to one with a black logo.Theyre both very similar spec so sound should be nigh on the same.

Im going to give them a call tomorrow but that is the older model, there are a few audio shops online who still advertise the OA10D on their websites but when I have contacted them they can no longer supply them!

I wont know until I try.... Bit I think Audio Assault will be the same! If not I can definately live with it!

dls import through the four network in the uk

car audio security should be able to source anything you need through chris at four

on another side note if you want the baffles making give carl at www.studioincar.com a ring.

dls import through the four network in the uk

car audio security should be able to source anything you need through chris at four

on another side note if you want the baffles making give carl at www.studioincar.com a ring.

Cheers for the info! I will give Car Audio Security a call and see what they can do!

If its more cost effective to import two of them - i'd be more than happy to go halves with you.

That could be a good idea, I'll see what I can come up with and if that's a feasible option!