Natedogg

New Euro Bucket

Well guys those of you in the know, know i sold the old loon a few months back due to rising fuel costs etc and a marriage proposal and a wedding to now pay for in march next year.

so thought i'd stick up pics of the new motor just because there prob no one on here for you to flame for wheel fitment since i left!! lol

1996 VW Vento 18 CL

Flash Red

Retro Fit Full Electrics

FK Konigsport Coils (dampind adjustable)

VR splitter

Tinted lights

8x17 and 10x17 et35 Speedline Mistrals (OEM Astom Martin DB7 wheels)

195/40x17 falken 912 and 225/35 falken 452's (yes a 225 on a 10j)

few other details still to come inclduing air con and leather and a re-spray when funds allow

pics....

dsc01383lo.th.jpg

dsc01384jt.th.jpg

dsc01385a.th.jpg

img4289r.th.jpg

this is far better car to drive

Jesus.

your e46 must have been in shocking mechanical condition if you think a FWD vento is better to drive

Edited by j_330

No I half have to agree with Nate, the E46 is a very detached car and without the largest straight 6 engines they are very gutless too. It just comes down to that roundel on the bonnet clouding a lot of peoples judgements.

I drove Haydens 318 touring SE and it was horrible, seats were s**t, engine was s**t. Even driving mine I don't feel connected enough to the road to drive it hard enough, too much comfort, it is just a motorway cruiser not an A road car, that is what hot hatches are for.

No I half have to agree with Nate, the E46 is a very detached car and without the largest straight 6 engines they are very gutless too. It just comes down to that roundel on the bonnet clouding a lot of peoples judgements.

I drove Haydens 318 touring SE and it was horrible, seats were s**t, engine was s**t. Even driving mine I don't feel connected enough to the road to drive it hard enough, too much comfort, it is just a motorway cruiser not an A road car, that is what hot hatches are for.

quite agree with you Jorge- the 318s are poo to drive, with the prop-lag if you know what i mean, just can't imagine a vento being a better car to drive.

The e46 is the most 'un-fun' car I have ever owned.

J; what you feel when you get into an e92 from an e46... thats what the rest of us feel when we get in an e46 from an e36. Its just too 'audi'. Boring, solid, no character.

Very well built, and decent performance though.

If it hadnt depreciated so much it would be on autotrader right now.

Best looking and best driving are two totally different things though. I have to say I'm not actually a big fan of the E46 at all strangely, I'm starting to realise that now I'm selling. I never liked them much, I just liked them more than E36, they were cheap and had big engines with a good spec. Doesn't mean I don't like them though.

This Jetta looks great though Nate. What wheels are you planning next?

not sure yet - depends if these sell - just missed out on some super RS's would would have killed it 9's front and 10's rear but wasn't to be.

as jorge says - my 325i was a) auto and B) only 170hp - yet it drank like a fish and was so disconnected from driving it gave basically no feedback on brakes or steering etc.

loverly barge for cruising but cack in town. the E36 is a better drivers car, the E30 better still IMO.

Plus boot is bigger on vento, rear seats will go flat - and i can drop in a 300hp 20vt audi tt engine in a weekend for a couple of grand!!

i doubt you could charge a 325 for that, or get close to 300hp.

Edited by Natedogg

Looks sweet Nathan, I assumed it was you I saw the other day, before you flashed I was thinking how low it was, I do have a soft spot for VWs look sweet when done right.

I like it!

Also i couldnt agree more with the above comments about the E46 feeling disconnected!!! I drove my E46 one last time over the weekend just gone. For the past 3-4months i have been running around in my E36 M3 Evo. The difference was just astonishing! Im not talking about the speed thing as obviously the Evo is faster, but the feel you get through the car and when pushing it some! When the back end starts to go on the E46 you barely feel it, yet you know its happening...when it goes in the E36 you sure as hell know about it. Also the cable accelerator is a huge must for me, again all down to the feeling and feedback you get from the car.

That said the E46 is stunning looking and quite possibly one of the better looking 3 series to date, so i am going to have to try the E46 M3 at some point to guage how that feels to drive...saying that i will stay with the E36 if its a similar experience to the non-m.