Mikey

One Touch Window Operation

there are 2 types of window switch on these cars I have realised. the older style one with a metal pivot and an all plastic window switch.

you cant modify the metals ones at all so will have to buy the plastic ones.

when you take the top off the plastic ones. you look inside and see a large piece of flat plastic. the easiest way to modify it is to use a stanlet knife and cut a small v out of the front of the flat part. then it will clear the moulding on the side of the switch instead of having to die cut the moudling out,

I can't actually remember what the switches looked like when out but basically that cut out shown in the bottom circle needs to be done to the rear window switch. I used wire cutters

Edited by jammo

Can anyone give me an indication on cost of the coding?

Anyone in Kent able/willing?

At the moment I have 1 touch open for all windows (2 front and 2 rear - convertible)

with 1 touch close for drivers window only.

Nothing through key fob...

I'm going to mod the switches this weekend.

Hi.

To resurrect the original Post I thought I would try it as none of my windows go down with "One-Touch".

I tried the process 2 or 3 times with no success whatsoever!

Also I have noticed that there is no sort of second position on the Buttons, they are either depressed fully or not, no halfway like Window Switches normally have.

Do certain models just not have it?? Or does can it only be selected at a Dealer?

I would also like the option of only the Driver's Door opening on the first press, and then all the rest on the second press..... Along with 'Auto-Lock', which mine doesn't do.

Does anyone know of a place near Southampton that could facilitate this without having to take a second mortgage? ;)

Thanks in advance.... :D

Edited by MangoMan
Spelling...

I just purchased a 2003 330i and all four of my windows do not auto up or down. They all work when holding up or down, but zero one touch. I tried the sequence thing and it didn't work. I find it strange that none of the one touches work, yet the switch seems to work fine when holding down. Am I reading correctly that the switches need to be coded via a computer?