mjn

What Have You Done To Your Car Today?

Have a look at the leather can you tell the difference ?

Nappa is "supposed" to be better, me im not 100% convinced lol

Yes I think it's definitely Nappa, it's so soft compared to the "normal" leather I took out.,

When I bought the interior last week I enquired about the front armrest. The seller provided it as it is nappa and my standard leather armrest doesn't match at all.

The difference between my old leather (SE manual seats) and the individual leather is like night and day in regard to how soft and supple the new set is.

I do think the standard leather is more hardwearing though.

On another note, just picked the loon up from the Mot.

Passed with only one advisory (rear brake pads will need changing before the next mot).

I am relieved cos I have only had this car since around Sept last year and was hoping there would be no surprises.

Edited by RFP325i

looking good. mine in for paint today.

Was fitment ok with screws. any issues fitting?

No major issues...the main thing is getting the holes made in the bumper before you screw them in... even jacked up there was no chance of getting a drill under there..

I tried just screwing them without making a hole first, but no chance! In the end used a little battery powered soldering iron I have to melt a small hole through the bottom of the bumper in each spot that needed a screw.

once id done that it was piece of piss...just make sure you've pushed them on hard..the 3M tape that comes with them is useful for just holding them in place for a minute while you screw them but thats about all!

Total fit time was about 40 mins including jacking the car up etc..

Today i set the clock to the correct time and cleaned the seagull s**t from the bonnet. The car was spotless when i parked it up in work at 8am this morn, when out lunch time and it was absolutely covered in it.... :censored:

Also booked it in for a service for next weds B)

Drained coolant, properly. Lost the nut from the block drain when I tried to get out the way of the pouring coolant.

Was searching for it for almost an hour. Mate noticed it stuck on-top of the skid plate. Lucky as was on phone to BMW to order a new one and they said a wait time of 5 days.

Pretty easy actually. Just need 2 socket extensions and a universal joint.