dazza

Change Of Front & Rear Bumper (Se - Sport) Fitted But.........

finally got round to trying to fit the m-sport rear bumper after having to take the wife out for the day, and i say trying because for some reason the m-sport bumper wont fit, i got the bumper off and took the carrier thing off of my SE bumper and attatched it all to my new sport bumper but when i went to put the bumper on to the car it wont fit?

the bracket on my SE bumper is like this 03860063.jpg

but the bracket on the sport bumper is like this 6d55e276.jpg i tried rotating the picture but cant for some reason.

what do i need to do to make it fit? i ended up having to put the SE bumper back on as my wife is ready to pop with our first baby and its our only car. And when i do the front tomorrrow am i going to be met with the same problem?

thanks daz

Edited by dazza

Where did you get your sport bumper? There's meant to be a whole mounting kit if I remember right.

Also are you sure you got one for a saloon and not a coupé (or vice versa)?

Where did you get your sport bumper? There's meant to be a whole mounting kit if I remember right.

Also are you sure you got one for a saloon and not a coupé (or vice versa)?

its an oem sport bumper, got the front bumper, back bumper and side skirts off of phantom mark off of here? and they defo saloon ones.

And when i do the front tomorrow am i going to be met with the same problem?

thanks daz

Yes you will have the same problem. The carrier fits but the side mounts are completely different, also the brake ducts are different.

Why in heck they are different I can't imagine !!!

Can you not just buy the plastic side mounts from eBay or something, will have a look at my mine in the morning for you mate.

Edited by Phantom Mark

K cheers mate, did u leave the air ducts and brackets on the front bumper. If u could mate would be good, send me a pic to me phone or something.

Had a look on eBay, the brackets are cheap as chips if I looking at right things just the front air ducts are quite alot.

Thats kl mate, the air ducts were the more expensive bit if I needed them. But the brackets are cheap according to realoem.com I doubt BMW will be open tomoz will they. Will your brackets u have have the part numbers on them?

Been looking on realoem,

For the rear bumper do you think I need part numbers 7 & 8 on this diagram http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AY72&mospid=47632&btnr=51_4543&hg=51&fg=17

For the front bumper do you think I need part number 17 on this diagram http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AY72&mospid=47632&btnr=51_4519&hg=51&fg=15

And for the air duct for the front bumper would it be part number 4 & 19 or would i need part number 2 aswell on this diagram http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AY72&mospid=47632&btnr=51_3275&hg=51&fg=75

Would like a second opinion on all I this so I can decide what I'm going to do?

Thanks

On the plus side, it'll transform the look of your car :) And when you sell your current SE bumpers that'll help recoup some of your loss.

That's very true will hopefully give it bit more of a modern look :)

Yeah should hopefully get a bit of money back on the SE bumpers on eBay :)

Picked up the parts today so should have pictures of it all done over the weekend, theres just one bracket on the rear that I can't work out but I will find where it goes eventually!

Finally got round to fitting the sport kit today and what a pain in the backside it was! Done the rear bumper first which wasnt to bad was just a case of removing all old brackets and replacing with the sport ones, only trouble I had was with the rear defusser; I got it on there but where does the other bit go that attaches to it somewhere? Think it's called the splash guard?

Front bumper was the worst to do as had to change air ducts but that wasn't as bad as I thought, worst bit was getting the main bolts back in! Only got one in there at mo because found out that the fog lights have different connecting plugs so had to leave them dangling, anyone know how to get round this?

Havnt done skirt as getting them sprayed first :)

Advice on any of the above appreciated :)

Daz

Front bumper was the worst to do as had to change air ducts but that wasn't as bad as I thought, worst bit was getting the main bolts back in! Only got one in there at mo because found out that the fog lights have different connecting plugs so had to leave them dangling, anyone know how to get round this?

Daz

I havn't done this conversion myself yet but have you tested if the bulb holders will swap over?

Just found this on another forum,

you'll need

61138364498 x2

61130007272 x4

These are the mutiplugs that click on to the bulb (x2) and the connectors with wires attached that press inside them (x4), cut your old plugs off (leave enough cable to reattach them at a later date just in case) and join these new ones on.

Going to phone BMW tomorrow and get them ordered then see how that goes.