renfrew

Alpina B3S

Hi folks, absolutely loved my 330sport vert, what a great car, but was feeling the need for a change and was looking at m3's and went down south a few times to view as the choice is fewer up here, but then started to look at alpina's and after trying a few got this one just outside London and had a great drive home, the insurance is really high for the b3s but like most of you if you must you must, so the car is in atlantis blue and has done 56k,

jt466x.jpg

k17t47.jpg

Edited by renfrew

So far i have ordered the alpina and b3s boot badges as it had been de-badged and was stunned at the cost for these and also the insurance for a 3.4 litre is mega but the drive is imo worth it, also have a hard top for it

Edited by renfrew

I'm looking at one myself now in yellow and looks fantastic cool.gif

Good luck with that mate, i tried a b3.3 as well in orient blue at old colonel cars which if you look at that site you'll see, that car is as good as it looks with hard top also and they are rapid, but it was purely colour choice for me and had set myself on the s,

is it only the addition of the front valance/chin spoiler above the standard SE? the side skirts look identical to my bog standard SE, or are they deeper?

Yea only the chin spoiler on the front and the boot spoiler at the back, otherwise just standard SE kit.

OP very tidy looking car there, nice to see you are restoring it back to full Alpina spec too :)

I don't quite understand the difference between the B3 and the M3, they are practically identical but the B3 is slightly faster, right?

Unless I've got it wrong and Alpina used a 330 as a base

The M3 is faster that the B3S. I think IIRC it has a M3 bottom end and a 330 top end engine. It is based on the 330 so servicing costs are on par with them. The B3 has 280 bhp. the B3S has 305 bhp the M3 has 343bhp. B)

I don't quite understand the difference between the B3 and the M3, they are practically identical but the B3 is slightly faster, right?

Unless I've got it wrong and Alpina used a 330 as a base

the b3 is a 3.3ltr and the b3s is a 3.4ltr, the b3s is based on the 330 but alpina add their own exhaust and suspension and take the engine and add lightweight pistons and components, it does not have a speed limiter so would take you down the autobhan at around 161-165 mph( according to alpina),

the cost of insurance though is more than the m3 which has a limiter but the servicing is more in line with the 330 which is decently priced, I would never recommend any e46 over another as they all have their plus points and it's all personal choice in the end, owned 5 e46s and been happy with them all :)