chris

Who Has The Fastest 330D Then?

On 26/12/2011 at 10:47, johnny330i said:

Think you'd need a bigger exhaust than 2.5 inch

diesel exhausts are bigger than petrol anyway, my old 200sx had a 3 inched on it!

Good to see another member coming from a 200sx.....I still miss mine : /

On 18/10/2017 at 20:13, mikeyh592 said:

I think maybe i do ?!

currently on an e90 hybrid setup running 380 bhp/560lbft 

you can check my photos on instagram- Mikeys330cd ans see my for sale thread below!!

Massive spec in both standard form and modified form. This is a very fast and capable car however is also still economical when needed

This example has been very well looked after and wants for nothing, It has a fully comprehensive and extensive servicing history to say the least, totalling thousands. I have 100s of photos of the car/maintenance/build etc etc on a usb stick I can supply for the new owner

**Car is booked in for an early inspection 1 service, and a full professional car detail which is all happening within the next couple of weeks. I have also had all 4 Wheels fully refurbished with brand new centre caps and 2 new rear vredestein tyres put on in preparation for this sale all this (which is costing around £850) 

2005 55reg last of the facelift e46’s 

Sought after graphite grey coupe in manual (204)

128k miles 

Full Black leather 
Electric memory driver seat
Electric seats front 
Heated seats front 
Electric adj mirrors
Upgraded hi fi system
Electric folding mirrors with heat function
Auto dimming int mirror
Auto lights
Rain sensor 
Adaptive + Xenon lights (turns with corners)
Parking sensors -rear
Pro nav system- 16:9 screen with tv function currently using 2012 maps

-MOT expires 01/03/18 
I will put 1 full years MOT on it for sale

- Fully HPI clear with report 16/10/17

Mods

Engine:

E90 hybrid turbo 2271- with custom oil feed and custom oil return lines

E90 exhaust manifold

Larger 535d injectors

535d rocker cover 

Custom air intake with pipercross filter and cold air feed

Custom hard boost pipes

Big front mount intercooler

Custom built 3" downpipe (emp performance)

Custom built 3" exhaust system has 2 boxes and twin rolled down tips (emp performance)

New genuine LUK e60 clutch and e46 flywheel 

Currently making 380hp and a dual mass friendly 560lbft running around 2.2bar (turbo capable of 2.5bar) 

Custom Allard EGR/boost pipe with vibratec clamp for easy disconnect

Egr mapped out

Swirl flaps removed and PMW blanks fitted

CDV removed-braided clutch line fitted

Suspension:

Ground control adjustable hybrid top mounts currently only set at -1.5 degree camber

(These have seen 1 track day and cost in excess of 400 quid!)

B12 dampers paired with hartge springs 

Z4 rear top mounts with reinforcement plates

Interior;

Royal steering wheel upgraded steering wheel with extra padding 

Exterior;

Black kidney grills 

Braking;

Goodridge braided lines all round
ATE blue fluid 
Ferrodo ds2500 pads all round

Other;

The Subframe mounting points have been reinforced using redish motorsport weld in reinforcement plates to stand up to vast amount of torque this car has. The boot floor cracking is very common on the e46 m3s and e46 chassis so at over double the torque my 330d has I thought it wise to do this as preventative maintenance. 

I have Fully powerflex bushed the car and now handles brilliantly alongside all the suspension work it's had. 

Car Maintenance:

I have recently replaced the complete front passenger side wing with a New genuine bmw wing due to the common issue of rust bubbling

Since my ownership my car has always been run on shell V-Power ultimate diesel 

I change the oil & filter myself every 6k miles (last few years it’s been every 6 months as I dont even do 6k through the year now) 

Always use a ll04 fully synth oil and always use genuine filters. I do this in between the Bmw servicing schedules.

Gearbox oil, Fuel filter, vortex crank case filter,Diff fluid and Coolant have all been refreshed and changed inbetween last services. 

Just had an inspection 1 service and 
next service due is an oil service

Airbag recall has been done at Bmw in Watford 

New BMW battery 

New LCM (light control module)

Recent New discs and pads all round

Both oem thermostats replaced

ABS sensor has been replaced
Glow plugs and glow relay have been replaced

New Power steering hose replaced and power steering fluid changed as there was a slight leak last year

Starter motor removed and reconditioned by roleson rewinds in London.(solenoid found to be at fault) as I was having difficulty starting 

Crankshaft position sensor changed whilst starter motor was off (same area as starter motor so did this anyway)

Every single important and common fault  has been addressed on this car and I have receipts for pretty much every item I’v ever purchased down to nuts and bolts. I honestly dare not to add it all up!

You will not find a better e46 to this spec and standard. 

Exterior:

Generally in brilliant condition,a well cared for example. Has a few stone chips and a few small marks here and there as can be expected

Interior:  

Car has always been very well looked after by myself. There's Small wear on driver bolster as usual but in general the car is a very very tidy example

Being completely honest there are a few minor things I can fault the car on which are:

-stone chip on windscreen (passengers side)

-passenger electric mirror is intermittent it still dips and moves back up after reverse function but sometimes gets stuck when mirrors folded up. 

-no air con pump as removed for e90 turbo setup. I Still have the aircon pump and all necessary parts to revert back which will be included in sale. 

I have priced car accordingly 

I have owned this for over 6 years now,and have covered 60k + miles myself. I have pretty much every receipt ever spent on it in my ownership,all 4 original keys and all original manuals 

- Inspections are welcome

I'd prefer an enthusiast to own this, and enjoy this car like I have done as this is my pride and joy 

Priced to sell at £6,450 but I am open to sensible offers

Test pilots welcome if they have proof of fully comp insurance for MY car. 

I also have for sale the below items: These can be kept on the car for additional cost or taken off car and reverted back to stock

Quaife ATB differential comes with receipt of purchase and lifetime warranty- purchased and fitted at birds garage £750

Mann provent catch can with all necessary hoses and fittings for installation straight onto this specific car/setup
£120

Complete Stoptech 4pot BBK 332x32 fully floating slotted discs,brackets,brake lines and fast road pads also included is some
Carbone Lorraine rc5+ pads (seen 1 track day, these are one of the best pads you can buy and cost a fortune new ) £1050

Ds2500 pads brand new in box to Go with stoptech BBK +£100

It's not a for sale thread mate.

You want to sell stuff, pay the fee and post in the right section.

To be fair whilst it has a bit more info than necessary he is - from the whole 7 pages - the only person to attempt to answer the question from the OP i.e. "who has the fastest 330d?"

*hides*

Edited by knobstar

Possibly me.

Original 330Cd block, M57N2 Mahle pistons and rods (stronger and lighter), M57N2 ported head with larger valves, stronger valve springs, 2.5" solid charge pipes, 5" thick intercooler, 3" turbo back exhaust, 535d hybrid twin turbos, 335d piezo injectors (8 times faster than magnetic injectors and extra nozzle), provent 200 braether system and catch can (no oily charge pipes), cold air feed with ITG air filter. 

Some driveline changes made to hold the additional power but dont think  they need to be mentioned here.

Currently making a tubular twin tubro exhaust manifold due to flow issues with OEM setup, which should free a good few horses.

Sadly I have no dyno print out, so cannot confirm levels =(

few bob spent there then.

On 26/10/2017 at 08:07, mjn said:

It's not a for sale thread mate.

You want to sell stuff, pay the fee and post in the right section.

Easy tiger!!!! I have payed my subscription fee thankyou. But granted I’ve not posted in the correct section !