Pauly.22

2003 320Ci M Sport

Hi, i bought this on friday, my second bmw been driving an e34 for the last 8 months or so but, it was a bit too old man for me so my dads having that.

my car is a facelift with black leather, 1 owner from new, done 102k with fsh, although it does need a service now.

haven't done may miles in it only about 25 but i really like it.

i managed to clean it today, fair bit of black mould around the lights and windows etc, but a power washer soon ripped that off, then washed it, doesn't look like the engine had ever even been wiped since new so that will take a bit to clean up and treated the leather with some megs cleaner stuff.

ill be doing a proper clean when the weather warms up, but that wil do for now.

few mods/replacement parts planed, dial rings, led interior lights, led number plate lights, new gearknob, new exhaust tips, discs and pads all round, paint the calipers, have my private plate put on and a service and thats it, can't do anything until february really as i've spent all my money.

couple of pics from today.

b270de9c.jpg

bcc20b1a.jpg

i had been told by a few people that a 320 will be slow, but its not, its perfect for what i want, insurance is nice and cheap, mpg is hovering around 30 which im happy with,

what a car, can't see me selling this, unless its to buy an M3.

cheers Paul.

Looks good and interior looks hardly worn in for 102k miles! My 320 ci has wear worse than that with half the miles.

I've a 320 too and it's not the fastest but give it some stick and it will shift well enough.

Very nice. Glad you're liking it so far :)

thanks, its the perfect car for me,

Gaz its a petrol lol

Looks nice Pauly! Least its a sport with MV2's as well.

Welcome :.)

lol yes no swirl flaps here, thanks

Looks good and interior looks hardly worn in for 102k miles! My 320 ci has wear worse than that with half the miles.

I've a 320 too and it's not the fastest but give it some stick and it will shift well enough.

the last owner really looked after the car, runs like new. 170bhp is still a decent bit of power, i would have liked a 325 or 330 my current insurance wouldn't insure me on them, but didn't want a 318.

i though about canceling the insurance, but the cheaper quote on a 325 was £1200, on this its £750 and i'm in a high risk birmingham postcode

Lovely looking car.. B)

many thanks

Edited by Pauly.22

Nice looking example, how much did you pay?

Might be only a 320 but at least you have 6 cylinders, its just you'll be craving more power very quickly. How do you find the engine? You really have to rev the nuts off them to get any decent performance dont you..

Nice looking example, how much did you pay?

Might be only a 320 but at least you have 6 cylinders, its just you'll be craving more power very quickly. How do you find the engine? You really have to rev the nuts off them to get any decent performance dont you..

thanks for the comments everyone,

i had been told by a few people that the 320's are crap, but these people clearly haven't driven one, it has pleanty of power for me, it has a nice surge as the revs rise, i know a 325 or 330 will be better but its the perfect car for me, and the 6 sounds great, insurance is quite a few hundred cheaper than a 325 too.

I've driven my brothers 320ci a few times. I certainly wouldn't call them underpowered. They're nice cars :)

its great,

i've now done 170 miles, mpg is at 29.9 so im happy with that.

runs well, got a few bits in my room ready to fit on the weekend now

7ce9e8a2.jpg

had these few bits to fit today.

couldn't get the old badge off the front :(

the main leds didin't fit through the hole in the light fitting.

and too change the side light and indicator bulbs i need to remove the headlights.

did manage to fit the number plate lights which seem ok and the foot well leds which look good.

also 6 leds are not working in one of the rear lights, which annoys me.

will have another go at fitting the bulbs etc next weekend now.

Edited by Pauly.22

i have changed the number plate and interior lights too LED's

i also think i have a wheel bearing going and the handbrake seems to work on one wheel only.

will be getting it checked out and serviced in 2 weeks

821f2e2f.jpg

6d16491e.jpg

b2bb840c.jpg

my friends dad also reversed into it

d142c70f.jpg

yeah said he will pay, but i think as its my best mates dad, and the bumper was already damaged lower down from previous owner, which i was already planning on getting repainted before he added to it i might just pay for it myself.

luckily didn't hit the rear quarter or anything, only other problems ive got it some leds have stopped working in the n/s rear light, it was full of water so i added a very small drill hole to drain it but i think i need a new light.