ben

Imola 320D Sport Saloon

Cheers Dr T.

I'm 90% done with the install. Just need to locate the TPS wire that regulates the voltage and tidy up the rest of the wiring. I'm having the bottle filled tomorrow and am going to start off with 50 bhp jets but will be moving up to 75 hopefully. Autosri has been a massive help!

Sam - I'm going to fit the nitrous, go to Gaydon and then see what happens. I do love the car but .........

Ok,

I've completed the nitrous install. It was pretty straight forward.

7F5D4BF8-D6F2-4680-9793-3518973C7AAD-1054-000000B0A8C6D4FA.jpg

DCE07411-1F56-48B0-9779-93B8074FFC7C-1054-000000B0B0436E5A.jpg

647B78AB-35E4-404F-A220-496DB1CE3FE3-1054-000000B0B6C926CC.jpg

After having the bottle filled I went for a run with 50bhp jets. If I'm honest I was expecting a little more than what was delivered. It felt more powerful, especially towards the top end. I did have a problem with the solenoid sticking open though and emptying the bottle into the inlet which resulted in this:

EE90277A-72C7-4968-9737-E5CF16EF17A0-1054-000000B0BCCFAAC2.jpg

I went to see Ron at Insane Creations who had a look and replaced the solenoid for me and i put the 75 bhp jet in. We filled up the bottle again and the car was ready for Gaydon.

I drove up with Chris with the silver M3 vert. We did a few tests on the motorway and from 50 up to xxx Chris pulled approx 3-4 car lengths on me. Not too bad but I wanted more!

Next up is the buy a bottle warmer and gauge as also to move the jet back down the inter cooler hose and then hard pipe it as the firing into the rubber hose isn't great.

I'll be getting it on the rolling road soon too to see what power it's making.

Comments welcome.

Sounds awesome mate :D

I want to come and have a look soon :)

Also really like the look of your knob.. Want something similar for my s14a!

awesome

looking forward to the dyno read outs. so this is just one jet just before the throttle body?

That's right. Diesels run rich anyway, especially one that's been mapped so all it needs is a nitrous jet before the inlet. I think it might be a little too close though.

Sounds awesome mate :D

I want to come and have a look soon :)

Also really like the look of your knob.. Want something similar for my s14a!

It's a performance BMW one, I imagine you could adapt it to fit.

Nice. Shame to hide and cover that aweomse colour Nitrous bottle in the boot though.

Very true. I might move it later but I need the boot space for the kids when we go away.

Cheers for the comments guys!

So it's confession time.

I have just realised that all day Sunday I didn't have the nitrous bottle turned on!

I've just been out in it now with the 75bhp jet and I love it to bits! Great power delivery and a proper punch in the back.

Rolling road results should be in next week.

:-)

So ben you not selling now hahaha?? Keep it! The best looking loon cant wait to see it in the flesh at pod! Keep it up mate

Keeping it for a little bit!

My exhaust has slowly been on it's way out so I am booked into have it changed for a stainless steel system on Sept 7th.

Haha, Chris told me last night about that.. So funny :D

Now that it's up and running, I want a go :P

Wonder how it'd do up against an ///M, or my 200!

You have to keep it (for now) its a great looking car, now with some even better performance!

Edited by SamN

Haha, Chris told me last night about that.. So funny :D

Now that it's up and running, I want a go :P

Wonder how it'd do up against an ///M, or my 200!

You have to keep it (for now) its a great looking car, now with some even better performance!

Cheers pal, I think I made Chris wet his pants when I told him!!

I'm up for some 'testing' if you are. :thumbsup: