Daz 330 Cs

Top Gear - New Series

I'm afraid I agree with Hammond. Ever since I first saw one, I've always thought it looked too soft and cuddling... like a baby lambo, not a proper one. I can't quite pin what exactly about it makes me think that though.

Don't get me wrong though, if you offered me one, I wouldn't have to think twice about taking it :lol:

So after Clarkson's sacking and all the speculation about Top Gear making a return on Netflix, it's been announced today that it'll be returning in 2016, still produced by Andy Wilman, but on Amazon Prime instead. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=atv_prm_c_unkc_1_pchamp2?_encoding=UTF8&node=7124555031&pf_rd_i=default&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=650004847&pf_rd_r=1PZWB3W2SK1S35AE21Q5&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=12805

Be interesting to see how it comes out.

More pay per view, it really annoys me how everything is going that way.

You pay for sky sports now and only get half the footy, the boxing is pretty much pay per fight, then there's bt sport at £15 a month.

Where does it all end. For that reason and the fact i thought top gear was getting a pit poor anyway i'll prob just leave it. Shame though.

The Beeb will be throwing loads of money at the new series to make sure it's better than whatever Clarkson etc will come up with. It was getting a bit tired and blatantly rehearsed so I am looking forward to something new.

I already have Amazon prime as I buy pretty much everything from there so the next day (and soon to be same day) delivery is UBER useful!

I use it so often it makes absolute financial sense to have Amazon Prime. The fact they have TV series, movies and now music on there now is a bonus.

But now they have the "proper" top gear on there - my single reason for paying the TV license has gone! Is it still illegal to not pay the license?

Edited by momo

Where did you get that info momo?! If you don't watch live TV, don't pay it!

Bar the f1, I don't watch anything really. I think there is a service to stream that too, was considering ditching 'TV'. It's so old fashioned!

Copied from here http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

You need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record programmes as they're being shown on TV or live on an online TV service. This is the case whether you use a TV, computer, tablet, mobile phone, games console, digital box, DVD/VHS recorder or any other device.

Boooo!! I guess I still need to pay it then.. It'd make sense if the money from it was split between all the TV service providers.. But with BBC getting all of it - it's not right!

I watch live TV yes. Just not BBC anymore.. I watch F1 on Sky Sports. Oh well..

I know. But what I mean is that it shouldn't be called a "TV Licence" though should it?

"BBC License" is more accurate..

Isn't that a myth everyone presumes? It's a bit like how road tax doesn't actually get spent on the roads so should just be called "moving without using your legs tax".

The TV licence is so the government can provide a unbiased TV service (to which the granted the BBC to look after) to the people of the UK. Rare cases have appeared in the past about people who have proven they don't watch live TV at all, but just saying you don't the BBC won't cut it.