amzi160586

18" Mv4's Or 18" Bbs Lm?

A bit of a crap quality picture, but this was last night after having the wheels just fitted. Does look as if it's sitting a bit high at the back, but it's settled down a bit since then.

Will get proper pics up tomorrow!!

post-3475-0-62434000-1327767305_thumb.jp

Out of curiosity, what would you expect to pay to get the pro kit fitted?? I've been quoted £150

Pro Kit will do the job nicely, £150 is a bit dear, if you can get them fitted a little cheaper, all good :afro:

Will get proper pics up tomorrow!!

I wanna see tyre shine on those bad boys, lovely looking rims though :thumbsup:

Who quoted you that? About a £100 I'd say is an average price.

Was quoted by a mate who works at a garage (does body work). He said that they guys asking for £200 but best he can push them down to is £150. This is a garage based out in Tottenham, North London. £100?? that seems really cheap considering two garages have quoted me 3.5 hours labour to do this at an average of £55 p/h. Any suggestions in the north london area??

To start with, £200 is WAY too much.

And 3.5 hours ? Who's doing the fitting, Stevie Wonder ?

The rears as im sure you're aware take about ten minutes a side once the wheel is off.

The fronts maybe 30-40 minutes each. So lets say 2 hours tops. Someone who is only half handy with spanners should be able to manage that.

To start with, £200 is WAY too much.

And 3.5 hours ? Who's doing the fitting, Stevie Wonder ?

The rears as im sure you're aware take about ten minutes a side once the wheel is off.

The fronts maybe 30-40 minutes each. So lets say 2 hours tops. Someone who is only half handy with spanners should be able to manage that.

Hmm...don't know dude, this is what I've been quoted. If you know any places that can do it for a decent price do let me know.

Admittedly if they do take the front struts out, and use spring compressors, then 3.5 hours is about right. Plus they have to leave some leeway for things that go wrong! And not many mechanics will change 4 springs for £100 :lol:

I have done a few sets for £50-100 depending. But then i have no overheads, and do it as a hobby. As £100 a day would mean i live in a box :D

I'll phone around a few places and see what others say. But this £150 I have quoted is a price from a garage where I have a very good mate working, and tbh he would have tried his best to get me a good price. I'm not in too much of a rush, but would be great if I could get a better price on this.

Get him to do it mate. Nothing better than knowing they will do a good job anyway :) £50 is quarter of a night out, or one less lap dance (well for me lol). No point wasting loads of time trying to say £20 or so. Well up to you :D

I don't think £150 is that bad to be fair. For that, they need to remove and replace the rear springs (easy job, probably 15 minutes a side), but the bigger job is removing the front struts, replacing the springs and re-fitting struts. That'll probably take half hour to 45 each side.

I don't think £150 is that bad to be fair. For that, they need to remove and replace the rear springs (easy job, probably 15 minutes a side), but the bigger job is removing the front struts, replacing the springs and re-fitting struts. That'll probably take half hour to 45 each side.

Is there an echo in here ? :lol: