Aly

Introducing The A6

Hi All,

Thought it was about time I introduce the Audi A6 (2.7tdi S-Line Quattro). I've had it for almost 3 weeks now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. I bought the car with only 43k on the clock & FDSH.

Although I do miss the E46, as it was a big part of my life for almost 6 Years. But with a baby on the way and wanting something newer and better on fuel ect, so it was needs must.

First thoughts on the A6 is the size of the beast! It's HUGE :lol: But in a good way, the boot is bigger than the A8, and the legroom in the rear is fantastic, even with my lanky long legs.. Being the S-Line model the ride is quite harsh on the 18's so I'm unsure at this point if I'll be changing these any time soon. But would love some 19" with a bit of dish ;)

The tiptronic gear box is fantastic and very smooth and quick at changing! But not really driven the car harsh enough to see its full potential. The turbo lag is horriable and very noticable so a re-map is on the cards.

The car has been returning a comfy 43mpg on the commute which is great compared to 27mpg in the E46, but is pretty bad in town returning only 22+mpg sometimes...

Overall am I happy with my purchase??? Well I think it's too early to say if I could keep this as long as the E46 but so far so good... :)

Now I'll let the pics do the talking... This is after a good wash polish, HD Wax, and Rain-X applied!

AudiA6Front.jpg

AudiA6Rear-Side.jpg

AudiA6Badge.jpg

AudiA6Front-Side.jpg

AudiA6Rear.jpg

AudiA6Side3.jpg

AudiA6Side4.jpg

AudiA6Side.jpg

Alloys with crappy tyres that I have never heard of so these will be changed soon!

AudiA6Wheels.jpg

Interior shots.

Huge boot...

AudiA6Boot.jpg

AudiA6interior2.jpg

AudiA6interior.jpg

Test fit of baby seat and base :P

AudiA6BabySeat.jpg

Things to sort out.

-Scratch on boot!

AudiA6Scratch.jpg

-Cloudy chrome work!

AudiA6Chrome.jpg

Typical car dealer, stick the cheapest tyres on and get it out the door! I'm guessing it would have had conti sports on from new? Driven many of these when I used to work for Avis, they handle well but your right the ride is harsh, but the excellent seats and toys make up for it. B)

I love that shape a6 and you have the best engine.

The gear box is the only weak point. Make sure you get the fluid done on the dot. My a3 had the same box and had massive issues. Also affects TTs. It's it a simple pull to pieces job - its a new box. As long as you take care of it, it will be fine.

Thanks for the kind comments... Singh the rear still has plenty of room! Mind you the wife is only 4ft 10".. :lol:

I love that shape a6 and you have the best engine.

The gear box is the only weak point. Make sure you get the fluid done on the dot. My a3 had the same box and had massive issues. Also affects TTs. It's it a simple pull to pieces job - its a new box. As long as you take care of it, it will be fine.

Cheers for the heads up.. Any idea how soon the oil should be changed?

Honestly I thought wtf when I opened the bonnet... To change the rear bulbs you have to remove the complete lens also!

Yeah, same in most Audi's and it's not straight forward either. In my old one it was take the locking screw out, but you had the pull the lamp in the opposite directing and twist it.

Cheers for the heads up.. Any idea how soon the oil should be changed?

On the a6 I'm not sure. Indy I took my a6 to at the time was fitting a me tt box as it failed. He said he usually does a filter and fluid change on the boxes at each service. It's not too expensive, but fiddled as the filter is on the tip of the box, and fluid has tu be pumped in from underneath.

Is it on long life service plan?

The gearbox is a lot more reliable than the CVT box I had fitted to my a4 avant - i saw loads of horror stories on them much like head gaskets on rovers, I wouldn't worry about your box too much as the dsg had been in production for a few years when your car was built Aly.

The gearbox is a lot more reliable than the CVT box I had fitted to my a4 avant - i saw loads of horror stories on them much like head gaskets on rovers, I wouldn't worry about your box too much as the dsg had been in production for a few years when your car was built Aly.

It is the dsg box into the a3 diesels, a6 & tt 3.2 that had problems. Also the cvt had problems in all models.

What's the power in that motor?

Looks nice. Like the MMI too. Wonder how difficult a xenon conversion would be, never mind the cost! The E91 is a nightmare with all the coding involved!

Think its this one?

Performance

Engine Size 2698 cc

Cylinders 6

0-60 mph 7.8 secs

Top Speed 143 mph

Power Output 177 bhp

Valves 24

Torque 380 Nm 280 lb-ft

Anyway, the interior looks lush and looks so comfy, lovely car mate. I'd have one :)

Edited by Polar Dsci ST-3

Read my post again - i said it has the DSG box.

Yeah you say the dsg box is more reliable? Not really the case. Both boxes have issues. Don't think you could get the dsg box in the a4, hence yours having the cvt.My Indy Audi guy used to say if he had a pound for every dsg box he knew had issues...... Just a case of looking after it

Edited by sebgreen