Nick Wright

new firewall wanted

I just use windows firewall. Works for me. My ADSL broadband router has a firewall too.

I just use windows firewall. Works for me. My ADSL broadband router has a firewall too.

same setup using NOD32 (64bit edition) with the free updates ;) forever cn (bit of a google cryptic clue there :P)

Hey,

As most of the forum have already said...

For a free simple to use firewall I'd second using Zone alarm.

And for free anti-virus, AVG is pretty dam good.

Norton is a bitty pants :D

Sean :)

If you have a spare PC with 2 network cards then try, you can get a home license for free that allows up to 10 IP addresses on your network

http://www.astaro.com/

Was using it myself before I installed the Checkpoint instead

I used to use Astaro when I had the space for the extra server. Quality product - really good and as Adam said free for home use :lol:

Really nice interface for configuring it too, and quite a lot of advanced features...

as been said avg is good along with zone alarm or buy a mac that doesnt need it :D

You should still have a firewall on a Mac, there may only be a few wild virii in the world but you leave yourself open to other attacks

You should still have a firewall on a Mac, there may only be a few wild virii in the world but you leave yourself open to other attacks

The mac firewall is just that it speaks French. The PC says hello and the mac says Bonjour, and confuses it.

Apple are secretly spreading their french-speaking Bonjour virus by including it with iTunes and Quicktime. Soon all PCs will be speaking french...