Guest Pablo_Emms

Wheel Spacers.

I was just thinking about starting a wheels spacers thread lol, sorry to hi jack but what's the difference between hub centric and he other type, also what's the widest ill get away with on an 320cd coupe with standard mv2's, the backs quite low and the front will be soon, I was thinking 25mm on the rear but unsure on the front, iv seen lots in eBay

I was just thinking about starting a wheels spacers thread lol, sorry to hi jack but what's the difference between hub centric and he other type, also what's the widest ill get away with on an 320cd coupe with standard mv2's, the backs quite low and the front will be soon, I was thinking 25mm on the rear but unsure on the front, iv seen lots in eBay

Hubcentric have a locating lip similar to the hub to ensure the wheel mounts dead centre even with the spacer on, non hubcentric dont and as such the wheel is not guaranteed to be mounted centrally when a spacer is fitted, hubcentric are better and def the ones to get :)

As Blair said 20mm max

HTH

Edited by Trickster

I have the precision autoparts 15mm ones on the ebay link! They are great quality!

I ran them all round on my vert with MV2's- If you go any wider than 15mm on the rear you will get rubbing- mine were a fag paper away from touching the inner lip of the arch!

In the pics it looks like there is a fair bit of room but its the inner arch lip they nearly touched on!

Edited by Individual 330ci

Just thought I would ask this question here rather than start a new thread on wheel spacers. Would make any sense to put lets say 10mm for 17s style 44 wheels for SE 318i loon. I know spacers are used to push the wheel a further from the body to fix offsets and clearance issues. but if everything is standard would it be of any use aesthically.

Just thought I would ask this question here rather than start a new thread on wheel spacers. Would make any sense to put lets say 10mm for 17s style 44 wheels for SE 318i loon. I know spacers are used to push the wheel a further from the body to fix offsets and clearance issues. but if everything is standard would it be of any use aesthically.

Its only the rears that are tight, I had 15mm on the back on my loon with MV1's on (8.5 inch wide rears) and it just rubbed a tiny amount at full travel.

If I put the MV1's back on I will go for 12mm

But I would think that you would be ok with 15mm on the 44's

Worth doing IMHO

I just thought it would look a bit better than it does now with the tyres out a bit. i was thinking 10 would be okay. i will look into the 15mm and and measure it again and see what that gives me. do not really want it fully out of the wheel arch just more inline with it, if that makes sense. i have pirellis 20555R17

Edited by Kenkus28

I just thought it would look a bit better than it does now with the tyres out a bit. i was thinking 10 would be okay. i will look into the 15mm and and measure it again and see what that gives me. do not really want it fully out of the wheel arch just more inline with it, if that makes sense.

10mm are a bit thin for hubcentric fella, they wont leave much meat on the lip.

With mine on 15's it never stuck out or looked wierd just rubbed a tiny bit at full travel, your wheels are narrower so 15's will look great.

10mm are a bit thin for hubcentric fella, they wont leave much meat on the lip.

With mine on 15's it never stuck out or looked wierd just rubbed a tiny bit at full travel, your wheels are narrower so 15's will look great.

Cheers BOB your always on point. So far am trying to get the clutchstopper and the clubsport gearknob and a few other small changes done. so i thought i would do this. as well.