marc l

Coding Xenon Headlights

Its just the LCM. You enable the Xenons, change the PWM value and bulb check to get rid of the flickering, then its easy enough to enable the manual adjustment again, if your LCM has that dial on it. You just turn off the auto levelling and manual back on.

If you tell the car it's got xenons via the method I mentioned above all the other values (like PWM for instance) are automatically changed. Then it is just a case of re-enabling the manual height adjust (although as Joe has pointed out you don't need to do this on all of them).

Edited by bungers

Yeah should have mentioned - I did the VO originally. It was more so for what people were mentioning in the thread, and on most other forums where every other post is 'my headlights are flickering' and the like.

Edited by f0xy

hi mintimperial

wondering how much do you charge for recoding lcu?...just found out that both my units are screwed :( need to change both the h/light units and the ballasts :(....do they need to read before changing them then refit the new lights etc?

look forward to your reply.....

Hi Folks

whilst on the topic of diagnostics and coding. Can anyone recommend a cable and software that I can purchase that works so that I can scan, code etc on my motor.

Andy :thumbup:

Its just the LCM. You enable the Xenons, change the PWM value and bulb check to get rid of the flickering, then its easy enough to enable the manual adjustment again, if your LCM has that dial on it. You just turn off the auto levelling and manual back on.

Its been a while, but I have a question. I have purchased a D can cable with INPA etc. How do I code back in manual adjustment of the headlights? Not sure exactly how to do it?

Cheers

Its been a while, but I have a question. I have purchased a D can cable with INPA etc. How do I code back in manual adjustment of the headlights? Not sure exactly how to do it?

Cheers

You need to code your LCM/LSZ using NCS Expert. Plenty of guides on how to do it. Basically read the module, edit the file and search for 'LEUCHTWEITENREGELUNG' and change from 'nicht_aktiv' to 'aktiv'.

Sound mate. Will it affect anything else once thats changed? My lights still do the auto level check when turned on and didn't want to lose that.

Ta for help.

Sound mate. Will it affect anything else once thats changed? My lights still do the auto level check when turned on and didn't want to lose that.

Ta for help.

Nope this field is for the specific function only. The auto level check is a built in headlight feature I believe.